Some of the major Victorian departments and agencies that Council collaborates with include:
- Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning supports the Victorian government's priority to boost productivity in Victoria's food and fibre sector; manage Victoria’s land and natural resources; protect the environment; and respond to fire, flood and biosecurity emergencies.
- Goulburn Broken Catchment Management Authority (GB CMA) works to ensure that land and water resources across the Goulburn Broken Catchment are protected and enhanced as well as improving the region’s social wellbeing, environmental quality and productive capacity in a sustainable manner.
- Parks Victoria manages Victoria’s park network to protect and enhance park values to ensure parks are healthy and resilient for current and future generations.
- Sustainability Victoria seeks to facilitate and promote environmental sustainability in the use of resources. Provides information for schools, households, businesses and the community.
- Municipal Association of Victoria (MAV) are the legislated peak body for Victoria’s 79 councils. The MAV’s role is to advocate local government interests, build the capacity of councils, initiate policy development and advice.
Some of the other regional environmental agencies and organisations that Council collaborates with include:
- Goulburn Murray Landcare Network (GMLN)
- Goulburn Broken Greenhouse Alliance (GBGA)
- Goulburn-Murray Water (G-MW)
- Goulburn Valley Water (GVW)
- Goulburn Valley Waste and Resource Recovery Group (GVWRRG)
- Trust for Nature
- Goulburn Broken Waterwatch Program
- Environment Protection Authority
- Goulburn Broken Local Government Biodiversity Reference Group