The Doyles Road / Midland Highway Roundabout Project supports the development of Greater Shepparton as a major regional hub, which is reliant on a strong, flexible road network that will meet existing and future transport needs.
Works are scheduled to start from Monday January 18 and should be completed by mid 2016.
- An upgraded roundabout with a wider turning circle and dual lanes will ease traffic congestion and reduce traffic delays.
- Travel time will be reduced as a result of improved connectivity through Shepparton.
- Safety will be enhanced for all road users, with provision made for pedestrians and cyclists.
- An upgraded intersection will better cater for U-turning vehicles.
- The roundabout will be constructed so that heavy vehicles have safe access through the intersection and the design meets local community needs along with current and future transport requirements.
- A heavy vehicle specific detour will be put in place from mid January onwards to allow trucks travelling through Shepparton to use the Goulburn Valley Highway and reduce the number of heavy vehicles using the Doyles Road truck route.
- The north side of the eixisting roundabout will be closed from February onwards which will result in a number of detours to direct traffic around the worksite.
- Vehicles travelling along the Midland Highway will not be detoured but there will be a 40 km/h speed restriction throughout the area due to the changed traffic conditions, reduced lane widths and restricted turning movements past the worksite.
- Traffic heading out of Shepparton (towards Benalla) will be unable to turn right or left onto Doyles Road from mid February onwards but they will be able to perform a U turn using the Service Road a few hundred metres past the roundabout.
For further information on this project please contact VicRoads:
Phone: 13 11 71
Mail: VicRoads, North Eastern Region,
PO Box 135, Benalla VIC 3671