The land affected by the amendment includes three areas, as outlined below.
- Kialla Park Boulevard Precinct generally includes land along the Goulburn Valley Highway between Broken River Drive and the Shepparton Aerodrome. The Amendment proposes to revise the provisions of Schedule 7 to the Design and Development Overlay, which already applies to this land.
- Kialla Lakes Drive Entrance generally includes land at the entrance to Kialla Lakes Drive from the Goulburn Valley Highway. The Amendment proposes to extend Schedule 7 to the Design and Development Overlay to include this land.
- Shepparton North Commercial Gateway Precinct generally includes land along the Goulburn Valley Highway from immediately south of the Pine Road intersection to the commercial land north of the Wanganui Road intersection. The Amendment proposes to apply a new Schedule 9 to the Design and Development Overlay to this land.
The Amendment proposes to introduce the Addendum to the Urban Design Framework: Shepparton North and South Business Areas July 2017 into the Greater Shepparton Planning Scheme as a reference document at Clause 21.09 (Reference Documents) and implement its findings to provide guidance for the design and development of land in Kialla, Shepparton and Shepparton North. Additionally, the proposed Amendment ensures that Schedule 7 to the Design and Development Overlay content aligns with the new Ministerial Direction on the Form and Content of Planning Schemes.
Amendment C196 was approved by the Minister for Planning and was gazetted in the Victoria Government Gazette on 28 June 2018.
You may inspect the amendment, any documents that support the amendment and the explanatory report about the amendment, free of charge, at the following locations:
- during office hours, at the office of the planning authority, Greater Shepparton City Council, 90 Welsford Street, Shepparton; and
- at the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning website delwp.vic.gov.au/public-inspection