The proposed Amendment applies to all land within municipality.
The Amendment proposes to correct spelling, grammar, formatting, zone and overlay errors, and clarify the intent of planning controls in the Greater Shepparton Planning Scheme. The Amendment also proposes to update the Municipal Strategic Statement to include the following adopted strategies as reference documents and introduce relevant recommendations into the Planning Scheme:
- Calder Woodburn Memorial Avenue Conservation Management Plan 2001;
- Greater Shepparton Cycling Strategy 2013-2017;
- Greater Shepparton Environmental Sustainability Strategy 2014-2030;
- Greater Shepparton Freight and Land Use Study 2013;
- Greater Shepparton Resource Recovery Precinct Feasibility and Site Selection Study 2016;
- Greater Shepparton Universal Access and Inclusion Plan 2013-2017; and
- Strategic Review of Tatura Industrial Land Addendum Report (Interim) – Tatura Abattoirs Site, June 2016.
You may inspect the Amendment, any documents that support the Amendment and the Explanatory Report about the Amendment, free of charge, at the following locations:
- during office hours, at the office of the planning authority, Greater Shepparton City Council, 90 Welsford Street, Shepparton; and
- at the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning website.
An Independent Planning Panel has been requested to review proposed Amendment C197 to the Greater Shepparton Planning Scheme and all submissions received during exhibition of the Amendment.
Having reviewed issues raised in the submissions, the Panel has decided that it can consider them without the need for a Panel Hearing. Instead, the Panel will conduct the process 'on the papers' through the process outlined below:
- By 5.00pm on Friday 18 August 2017, Greater Shepparton City Council must provide a copy of its written submission to the Panel.
- By 5.00pm on Friday 1 September 2017, any submitter seeking to provide an optional further written submission must provide a copy of to the Panel.
- By no later than 5.00pm on Friday 8 September 2017, Greater Shepparton City Council may forward a reply on any of the material sent to the Panel.