The purpose of the Draft Shepparton Mooroopna Flood Mapping and Flood Intelligence Project Report August 2018 (Draft Report) is to update the flood intelligence and mapping tools contained within the existing Shepparton Mooroopna Floodplain Management Study: Floodplain Management Plan October 2002. The Draft Report was funded by the Federal and State governments, and Council. It seeks to update the existing information on flood risk within the Shepparton-Mooroopna area. The project involved detailed hydrological and hydraulic modelling of the Goulburn River, Seven Creeks and the Broken River, producing flood mapping and flood intelligence information.
In line with State and regional flood strategies, a priority outcome of the project was to share the updated flood mapping and intelligence information with stakeholders and the wider community. The Draft Report:
- collects and reviews data relevant to flooding within the study area;
- provides best practice hydrological flood estimates for the study area;
- develops and calibrates a detailed hydraulic model that can replicate past floods and predict impacts across the complex floodplain for a range of flood magnitudes;
- provides flood mapping of many potential design flood scenarios;
- develops an online flood mapping portal, floodreport.com.au;
- quantifies flood risk at a property specific level; and
- reviews flood warning and emergency response, and an update to the Greater Shepparton Municipal Flood Emergency Plan
At the Ordinary Council Meeting held on 18 September 2018, Council resolved to release the Draft Shepparton Mooroopna Flood Mapping and Flood Intelligence Project Report August 2018 for public comment commencing on Monday 24 September and concluding on Wednesday 7 November 2018. The submission period has now ended and Council will consider all submissions and a final Report at a future ordinary council meeting.
You may inspect the document below:
Please contact the Environment Department on 03 5832 9730 for further information.
*Please note that the page numbering of the version of the Report released by Council for public consultation is incomplete and this will be rectified in later versions of the report.