- Children must have their fourth birthday by 30 April in the year of attendance at a funded kindergarten.
- The kindergarten program must be delivered in premises licensed under the Children’s Services Act 1996 or its successors.
- The children’s service providing the kindergarten program must comply with all of the licensing requirements outlined in the Children’s Services Act 1996 and Children’s Services Regulations 2009 or their successors.
- A trained teacher holding an approved early childhood qualification must be employed at the location of the kindergarten program.
- The teacher must plan the kindergarten program and deliver this program at the funded location.
- The kindergarten must offer each funded child a minimum of 10.75 hours of kindergarten per week.
Please check with the kindergarten of your choice for details of the program being offered.
- The kindergarten must provide written confirmation to parents that their child is receiving a funded kindergarten program at the funded location.
- The organisation or kindergarten committee of management must sign and comply with a funding and service agreement.
- The organisation or kindergarten committee of management must have an Australian Business Number (provided through the Australian Taxation Office).
Parents need to check with their preferred centres as to whether a funded program is being offered for the year their child will attend kindergarten.
At the time of writing, the kindergartens listed all comply with Education and Care National Law and Regulations 2010 and are eligible for the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development Kindergarten Certificate and funding.