Why was the Street Rider Night Bus Service developed?
The Street Rider Night Bus Service project was established in partnership by the Greater Shepparton City Council and Victoria Police in 2008 to address drink driving within the local area, late night altercations and assaults and disorderly behaviour within Shepparton's central business district.
The Street Rider Night Bus provides a safe, easy and inexpensive alternative for late night travel.
Hours of Operation
The Street Rider Night Bus Service operates Sunday mornings between 1:00 am and 5:00 am (last pick up 4:30 am) delivering people to their doors in Shepparton, Kialla and Mooroopna for a gold coin donation.
For further information please contact the service directly on 0429 449 995 during operating hours or the Greater Shepparton City Council Community Safety Officer on 03 5832 9792.
Street Rider Bus Stops
The Bus picks up patrons from the following Bus Stops:
- Around the corner from Bullion Bar and the Vic Hotel, out the front of Harris Scarfe, Wyndham Street
- Yahoo Bar, High Street
- Goulburn Valley Hotel, Gaming Room Entrance, North Street
- the Aussie Hotel, Maude Street
Keep an eye out for Bus Stop signs at these locations. Please note that the bus cannot be hailed or booked in advance and will only collect passengers from the above Bus Stops.
The Street Rider Night Bus Service operates through the generous support of local clubs and businesses:
- The bus is donated for use thanks to Community Accessibility and Uniting Care Cutting Edge
- The crowd controller who rides on the bus, keeping passengers and drivers safe, is sponsored locally thanks to Yahoo Bar, Bullion Bar, the Vic Hotel, Brown Baldwin Accountants, Shepparton Rotary Club, the Aussie Hotel and Mr and Mrs Houlihan.
- Radio commercials are sponsored thanks to Southern Cross Austereo
- Volunteer driver shirts are sponsored thanks to Quality Teams in Shepparton
- Poster design and updates thanks to Willprint Shepparton
- The bus is driven by our wonderful local volunteers with new volunteers always welcome. If you are interested in volunteering please contact Leading Senior Constable Glenn Gibson on 5820 5777
- Victoria Police and Greater Shepparton City Council coordinate the service.
Street Rider is looking for additional sponsors and community support to ensure the service is able to operate every weekend. Please see the document below for further information on what you can do to support the service, or contact Community Safety Officer on 03 5832 9792 or the Crime Prevention Officer at Victoria Police on 03 5820 5777.