To reduce the impact of all cancers for all Victorians
Excellence, integrity, compassion
Shepparton Volunteer Group
We have 27 regional volunteer groups in Victoria that actively support Cancer Council Victoria by fundraising within their local community. Since its inception 33 years ago, the Shepparton Volunteer Group has raised more than $250,000 to support Cancer Council Victoria.
The group participates each year in Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea and Daffodil Day, and also hosts a number of general events including the Card Shop, Melbourne Cup Whip-around and raffles.
Our volunteer group also helps support the local community by sharing the latest cancer education and support information. Funds raised are redirected back to the community through our research project, prevention campaigns and support services.
New members are needed so that the group may continue with this important support for Cancer Council Victoria. Our volunteers will assist with:
- The organising of general fundraising activities, including promoting events to the community
- Assisting with the merchandise and stall running for Daffodil day
- Engaging the local community businesses for donations of items
- Participating in Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea
- At times representing the organisation at local events, receiving cheques from other local supporters who wish to make a donation.
- Bringing new and fun ideas to the group!