Council believes every family has the right to access quality education and care services and Council's Children and Youth Services Department provides a range of service types for children.
It is important for every child to have the opportunity to succeed, and their families, carers and communities have the support they need to nurture, educate and care for our children.
The best interests of the child is the foundation of all that we do. Our volunteers objectives are to:
- Facilitate and support relationships with Children and families in order for the child to develop to their full potential.
- Support the service team in developing and strengthening a child’s sense of self-worth and confidence.
- Support the service team to help create the child’s sense of connection within the service and the community.
- Provide positive motivation, indicated by changes in behaviours and attitude. Engage in the educational opportunities offered in the service setting in order to fulfil the child’s potential
Council Children and Youth Services consist of Long Day Care, Family Day Care, Kindergarten, Pre- Kindergarten and Occasional Care
A list of volunteering skills and support which Children and Youth Services are looking for are as follows;
- Story reading
- Conversation support with children
- multicultural support
- indigenous support
- music and dance
- art experiences
- cooking experiences
- Fundraising support
Volunteering opportunities are available at the following services:
- Alexandra Street Kindergarten
23 Alexandra St Mooroopna
- Arthur Dickmann Kindergarten and Long Day Care
102-104 Maude St Shepparton
- Arthur Mawson Kindergarten
120 St Georges Rd Shepparton
- Colliver Road Kindergarten
21 Colliver Rd Shepparton
- Dolena Young Pre-School
135 Balaclava Rd Shepparton
- Dookie Children’s Centre
30 Mary St Dookie
- Echuca Road Kindergarten
160 Echuca Rd Mooroopna
- Frank R Pullar Children’s Centre
Echuca Rd Mooroopna
- Gowrie Park Kindergarten
35 Hughes St Tatura
- Isabel Pearce Kindergarten
506 Central Ave Shepparton East
- Katandra West Kindergarten
33 Bankin St Katandra West
- Leslie Gribble Kindergarten
9-13 Westmorland Cres Shepparton
- Nancy Vibert Occasional Care Centre
18 Edward St Shepparton
- Patricia Smith Kindergarten
38 Packham St Shepparton
- Rodney Neighbourhood Steiner Kindergarten
5 Echuca Rd Mooroopna
- Tallygaroopna Children’s Service
33 Victoria St Tallygaroopna
Volunteering opportunities are available during school terms only. Please use our Expression of Interest form rather than contacting the services directly.
Volunteer Placement is dependent on service availability at time of application and there is no guarantee of placement. Maximum of two service choices can be listed in your Expression of Interest form.
Contact: Children and Youth Services on (03) 58329783