Save The Children invests in childhood – everyday, in times of crisis and for our future. In Australia and around the world, we give children a healthy start, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. By transforming children’s lives now, we change the course of their future and ours.
To work hard to protect children from harm and help them access quality education and health services.
Save The Children volunteers are ensured a rewarding experience for those that choose to volunteer with the Save the Children as well as an enhanced experience for employees.
Volunteers are an essential part of our organisation and will:
- Always be treated as equally and fairly as employees
- Be valued for their input and called upon their opinions
- Be consulted on all matters that substantially affect their performance of their work
- Have the opportunity to affect change in the organisation through their suggestions and involvement in planning and management
Save the Children have joined forces with Uniting and Centre for Multicultural Youth to run reading programs which will help young students from newly arrived families with literacy skills in a fun, supportive and culturally appropriate environment. We are looking for volunteers to give a primary and secondary school children a helping hand with their reading and school work.
Our Reading Club program aims to:
- Create a welcoming, safe and engaging space for newly arrived children and their families
- Increase their confidence and engagement with learning for children of all capabilities
- Improve literacy and numeracy skills
- Improve the self-esteem of the children
- Provide social and emotional support for each child.
Coordination Of Volunteers
Mob: 0429 590 799