Council delivers more than 150 services to our community. To achieve a balance between services, community desires and funds available, this financially responsible budget puts Council into a healthy financial position, especially concerning challenges around rate capping.
You are encouraged to look at the budget and make a submission. You can do this online via the "Make an official submission" form below, or write to us. You can also choose to be heard in support of your submission at a Special Council meeting.
This year the average rate rise will be 2.25 per cent. This is in line with the order by the Minister for Local Government under the Fair Go Rates System. Rates income is an important income stream that allows Council to maintain existing service levels, fund a number of new initiatives and continue to allocate additional funds to renew ageing infrastructure.
You can use this Microsoft Excel spreadsheet to get an estimate of your rates under the new budget.
Includes current and proposed differentials
The total projected Capital Works program will be $49.69 million, of which highlights include:
- New Shepparton Art Museum (SAM) ($10.03 million)
- Cosgrove Landfill Infrastructure ($4.86 million)
- Welsford Street Upgrade - Stage 4 construction ($3.12 million)
- Maude Street Upgrade – High St to Ashenden St ($3.07 million)
- Road Sealing Program Works ($1.88 million)
Residents are encouraged to have their say on the draft budget. You can do this via a number of ways:
- Use the online feedback form below.
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Join us on Facebook at facebook.com/GreaterShepparton
- Write to us at Locked Bag 1000, Shepparton, 3632
- Ask to have your submission heard (in person) at a Special Council Meeting
Members of the community wanting further information on the Draft Budget 2018/2019 can attend budget information sessions on Monday 7 May at 3.00pm or Wednesday 16 May at 3.00pm, to be held at the Greater Shepparton City Council's Boardroom, Welsford Street Office, ask questions online (see form below) or make an appointment with the Manager Finance and Rates by contacting Council.
Feedback will be received until 5pm, Friday 25 May 2018.
Download the Draft Budget
Ask a quick question about the budget
This won't be considered an official submission. If you'd like to submit feedback for formal consideration, use the "Make an official submission" form below instead.
Make an official submission
* Fields marked with an asterisk are required.