The themes have been identified following extensive consultation with the Greater Shepparton community. These are:
- Leadership and Governance
Background to Council Plan
Section 125 of the updated Local Government Act 1989 requires the Council to prepare and approve a Council Plan. The Council Plan must include:
- The strategic objectives of the Council.
- Strategies for achieving the objectives for at least the next 4 years.
- Strategic indicators for monitoring the achievement of the objectives.
- A Strategic Resource Plan outlining the resources required to achieve the strategic objectives.
The Council undertakes a major review of its vision and objectives for the future, involving councillors, senior management and council staff. Councillors participated in a program of strategic planning workshops and information days to ensure the most complete understanding of current and future issues. Ongoing community consultation with a range of community groups and individuals are also vital in assisting councillors awareness of relevant issues and trends.
View the 2017-2021 Council Plan
Use the zoom/full-screen tools in the viewer below to enlarge the document, or download the PDF version via the link at the bottom of the page.
Includes Strategic Resource Plan