Council Land Use Permits (Events and/or Activities)

Organisations or groups planning to hold an event, activity or procession; placing a clothing bin or skip bin; fund-raise, busk or sell goods on Council land or highway, a Local Laws Council Land Use permit is required from the Council’s Local Laws department.

At the 19 June 2018 Council Meeting, Councillors resolved to adopt a new revision of the "Community Living Local Law Number 1". The information on this page is in the process of being updated, and may no longer be correct.

Until this page is updated, you should refer to the full local law document, which has the latest information.

For any enquiries, please contact us on (03) 5832 9700. We apologise for any inconvenience caused during this time.

Complete the following application form and submit to Council with the permit Application fee to:

Local Laws and Animal Management
Greater Shepparton City Council
Locked Bag 1000
Shepparton, Vic, 3632

For all inquiries please telephone 03 5832 9700.

The Application fee is non-refundable and is payable upon applying for a permit.

  • Applications (for events or activity with less than 100 attendees) must be received by Councils Local Laws department at least 14 days prior to the proposed date otherwise approval cannot be guaranteed.
  • Applications (for events or activities with over 100 attendees) must be received by Council at least 8 weeks prior to the proposed date.
  • Dates for an event or activity will only be approved a maximum of 2 months in advance.
  • Permits can only cover a maximum of a 3 month period.
  • If any other Council permits are required, please contact the required Council department at least 8 weeks prior to the proposed event or activity. Some Council departments will require specific permit applications to be received by Council at least 8 weeks prior to the proposed event.
  • The declaration must be signed by the Contact Person and returned with the application.
  • If approved, a Council Land Use permit will be forwarded to the Contact Person advising of approval and any specific terms and conditions.
  • Booking fees, bonds, costs or other permits may be required from other Council departments, depending on the nature, size and time of the event. These costs may only be determined after an application is assessed.
  • Events proposed to be held in Council Reserve or Parks must obtain a permit from Councils Parks and Recreation branch. Telephone 03 5832 9700.

Please note: Your organisation is required to have Public Liability Insurance to the value of $20 million dollars or more to insure against all actions, costs, claims, charges, expenses and damages.

A copy of your Certificate of Currency must be submitted with this application.

PDF, 102 KB