The GSWCAAC consists of community members and some representatives from Greater Shepparton City Council including a Councillor as the Charter Champion.
The volunteer committee acts as a strategic advisory committee to Council aiming to promote women in leadership and decision making. A three point action plan focussing on Gender Equity, Diversity and Active Citizenship guides the strategic objectives of the committee.
The committee is active in the community and has in partnership with other organisations achieved some of the following:
- Events to mark the significance of International Women’s Day
- Awarded recognition to a member of the community or organisation via the annual GSWCAAC Women’s Award
- Provided a scholarship for Kaiela Arts
- Youth Public Speaking event
- Delivered training
- Support for Julia Gillard luncheon
Charter Champion and Councillor Seema Abdullah encourages members of the community to apply.
“The Committee is committed and passionate about making a difference for women. Being a part of the Committee is rewarding and can help individuals gain skills whilst making a difference,” said Cr Abdullah.
“One of the key principles of the Committee is diversity, so the Committee aims to have membership that reflects the diverse community of Greater Shepparton. It is important that the voices of women as well as men are heard regarding the opportunities and issues affecting women in Greater Shepparton.”
Application forms are available:
- Online - click here
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- In Person – Greater Shepparton City Council, 90 Welsford Street, Shepparton.
Applications will be received until 5.00pm Monday 14 May 2018. Late applications will not be considered.
For more information please contact Council on (03) 5832 9700 or by email to email@example.com.