The proposed Amendment applies to all land within municipality.
The Amendment proposes to correct spelling, grammar, formatting, zone and overlay errors, and clarify the intent of planning controls in the Greater Shepparton Planning Scheme. The Amendment also proposes to update the Municipal Strategic Statement to include the following adopted strategies as reference documents and introduce relevant recommendations into the Planning Scheme:
- Calder Woodburn Memorial Avenue Conservation Management Plan 2001;
- Greater Shepparton Cycling Strategy 2013-2017;
- Greater Shepparton Environmental Sustainability Strategy 2014-2030;
- Greater Shepparton Freight and Land Use Study 2013;
- Greater Shepparton Resource Recovery Precinct Feasibility and Site Selection Study 2016;
- Greater Shepparton Universal Access and Inclusion Plan 2013-2017; and
- Strategic Review of Tatura Industrial Land Addendum Report (Interim) – Tatura Abattoirs Site, June 2016.
You may inspect the Amendment, any documents that support the Amendment and the Explanatory Report about the Amendment, free of charge, at the following locations:
- during office hours, at the office of the planning authority, Greater Shepparton City Council, 90 Welsford Street, Shepparton; and
- at the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning website.
At the 21 November 2017 Ordinary Council Meeting, Council resolved to adopt Amendment C197 and submit to the Minister for Planning for approval.
Amendment C197 was approved by the Minister for Planning and was gazetted in the Victoria Government Gazette on 7 June 2018.