The Amendment applies to various parcels of land across the municipality in Congupna, Grahamvale, Kialla, Mooroopna, Shepparton and Shepparton North. The Amendment makes a number of mapping changes to rectify anomalies and remove redundant planning controls from the Planning Scheme. This includes:
- rectifying zoning and mapping errors where land is affected by multiple zones and where the zone is inconsistent with its use or ownership;
- removing redundant overlay controls from the Planning Scheme; and
- exempting a BYO licence from needing a planning permit in the Activity Centre Zone and Commercial 1 Zone.
Specifically, the proposed Amendment implements the following changes:
- Rezones part of 1 Hoskin Street, Shepparton from the Public Use Zone 4 (Transport) to the Activity Centre Zone (Schedule 1).
- Rezones part of 6 Doonan Street, Mooroopna from the Public Use Zone 4 (Transport) to the Industrial 1 Zone.
- Rezones part of 326 – 340 Archer Street, Shepparton from the Neighbourhood Residential Zone 1 to the Commercial 1 Zone.
- Removes the Environmental Significance Overlay from the Radio Australia site at 490 Verney Road, Grahamvale and adjacent properties.
- Removes the Development Plan Overlay from multiple properties in Kialla, Mooroopna, Shepparton and Shepparton North where a development plan has been approved for the land.
- Updates the Schedule to Clause 52.27 Licenced Premises to exempt a BYO licence from triggering the need for a planning permit in the Activity Centre Zone and the Commercial 1 Zone.
You may inspect the Amendment, any documents that support the Amendment and the Explanatory Report about the Amendment, free of charge, at the following locations:
- during office hours, at the office of the planning authority, Greater Shepparton City Council, 90 Welsford Street, Shepparton; and
- the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning website.
Any person who may be affected by the Amendment may make a submission to the planning authority about the Amendment. Submissions must be made in writing giving the submitter’s name and contact address, clearly stating the grounds on which the Amendment is supported or opposed and indicating what changes (if any) the submitter wishes to make.
Name and contact details of submitters are required for Council to consider submissions and to notify such persons of the opportunity to attend Council meetings and any public hearing held to consider submissions.
The closing date for submissions is Monday, 20 September 2021. A submission must be sent to the Greater Shepparton City Council, Locked Bag 1000, Shepparton VIC 3632, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The planning authority must make a copy of every submission available at its office for any person to inspect, free of charge, for two months after the Amendment comes into operation or lapses.