The Amendment applies to various parcels of land across the municipality in Congupna, Grahamvale, Kialla, Mooroopna, Shepparton and Shepparton North. The Amendment makes a number of mapping changes to rectify anomalies and remove redundant planning controls from the Planning Scheme. This includes:
- rectifying zoning and mapping errors where land is affected by multiple zones and where the zone is inconsistent with its use or ownership;
- removing redundant overlay controls from the Planning Scheme; and
- exempting a BYO licence from needing a planning permit in the Activity Centre Zone and Commercial 1 Zone.
Specifically, the proposed Amendment implements the following changes:
- Rezones part of 1 Hoskin Street, Shepparton from the Public Use Zone 4 (Transport) to the Activity Centre Zone (Schedule 1).
- Rezones part of 6 Doonan Street, Mooroopna from the Public Use Zone 4 (Transport) to the Industrial 1 Zone.
- Rezones part of 326 – 340 Archer Street, Shepparton from the Neighbourhood Residential Zone 1 to the Commercial 1 Zone.
- Removes the Environmental Significance Overlay from the Radio Australia site at 490 Verney Road, Grahamvale and adjacent properties.
- Removes the Development Plan Overlay from multiple properties in Kialla, Mooroopna, Shepparton and Shepparton North where a development plan has been approved for the land.
- Updates the Schedule to Clause 52.27 Licenced Premises to exempt a BYO licence from triggering the need for a planning permit in the Activity Centre Zone and the Commercial 1 Zone.
The Amendment was exhibited from 19 August 2021 to 20 September 2021. A total of six submissions were received, all of which supported the Amendment. As none of the submissions objected to or requested changes to the Amendment, Council is not required to refer submissions to an Independent Planning Panel for consideration.
Amendment C227gshe was adopted by Council at the Ordinary Council Meeting on 16 November 2019. The Amendment was then submitted to the Minister for Planning, who gazetted the approval of Amendment C227gshe on 11 March 2022.
You may view the amendment documentation, free of charge, at the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning’s website.