Training content and outcomes
The training incorporates the following three modules:
Understanding Language Development - a session focused on speech and language development in young children.
Fostering Children’s Communication Skills - a practical session providing information and strategies to support language development in everyday interactions.
Providing Language-Rich Learning Environments - a practical session building on previous strategies to support the development of language rich learning environments and practices.
The training aims to support practitioners in developing further understanding and promoting their skills in:
- children’s speech and language development
- potential receptive language difficulties
- expressive language delays and disorders
- supporting effective communication including conversation and social interaction
- supporting children from different language backgrounds
- reflecting on their role in promoting children’s language development
- developing practical strategies to encourage interactions and cue turns in group situations, follow the children’s lead and help children to lead
- promoting everyday strategies and practices which foster language-rich environments
- links with the VEYLDF outcomes
Who delivers the training?
It is delivered by an experienced Speech Pathologist and Early Childhood practitioner (both Hanen Certified).
Options for training delivery
Training days will be offered throughout the year – click here for upcoming trainings.
A maximum of 25 participants are allowed per training and the cost is $195 per person.
We are able to offer a 10% discount for ‘whole of centre’ trainings in Greater Shepparton. Training delivery options include a full day, two half days or three separate sessions for each module (approx. 3 hours each).
Training is able to be offered outside of Greater Shepparton, however a travel cost will apply, as may accommodation costs. If you would like to book this training for your own centre please contact Belinda Whitelaw, Best Start Co-ordinator, on 5832 9790 or Belinda.email@example.com
Due to the demand for places at this training the following cancellation conditions apply.
- Cancellation more than 4 weeks prior to the training commencement - total of registration fee will be reimbursed
- Cancellation 2 to 4 weeks prior to the training commencement - 50% of the registration fee will be reimbursed
- Cancellation at 2 weeks or less prior to the training commencement - no refund is able to be made.
For more information please contact Belinda Whitelaw, Best Start Co-ordinator, on 58 329 790 or Belinda.firstname.lastname@example.org