If you wish to enquire about COVID-19 vaccinations, please call Department of Health and Human Services Coronavirus Hotline on 1800 675 398. Please do not call Council or the McIntosh Centre.
Council places the highest priority on the health and wellbeing of the community and its staff at all times, and despite some closures, critical services will continue to be provided particularly for the most vulnerable members of our community.
There have been some changes to the way Council operates and adjustments to some services and facilities. The information on this page will be updated regularly as different services and facilities are approved for reopening by Council's Pandemic Co-ordination Team.
Last updated: Monday 4 October 2021 at 12:23PM (2 weeks ago)
The following arrangements are in place:
Council Customer Service / Reception
Customer Service counter service is open from 8:15am-5pm Monday to Friday.
- Entry is through the main doors. Exit through Eastbank.
- Customers must respect the 1.5m physical distancing requirements. Markers have been placed on the floor to assist with this.
- There may be limits on the maximum number of people allowed in the reception area. We encourage you to plan your visit. It might be helpful to be aware that peak times are generally between 11am-2pm so we encourage you to plan your visit to avoid having to wait.
- You will be required to provide your name and contact number to assist in rapid contact tracing should it be required.
- Hand sanitiser is available upon entry and exit and we encourage you to use this in undertaking good hygiene practices and keeping you and others safe.
Our Customer Service team will continue to assist you via online and over the phone enquiries:
- Call (03) 5832 9700 Monday to Friday from 8:15am to 5:00pm
- Email via email@example.com
- Submit a request via our website
- Applications and payment of animal registration renewal payments, application payments, debtor accounts, infringements, licensing and rates payments can be processed via:
- 1300 181 767; or
- Council’s website; or
- Via BPay, Post Office or online banking
- Sharps disposal – collection service available (please ring the Welsford Street front door bell for assistance)
- New animal registrations that do not require payment (ie, animals under 6 months of age) or that you are wanting to pay via cheque or money order can be dropped into our after-hours chute and once processed we will contact you.
Resource Recovery Centres
- Please stay in your vehicle until you have reached the bins.
- Staff will approach you for payment. No cash, EFTPOS only.
- Customers will need to be responsible for the unloading of their items (no staff assistance available).
Resale Shop at Shepparton Resource Recovery Centre – Open with restrictions.
The Shepparton Animal Shelter is currently operating with restrictions, open to people wanting to retrieve their animals — by appointment only.
Staff continues to care for the animals at the shelter and assist in reuniting lost animals with their owners.
In the interests of everybody’s health and safety, the following rules apply at the Shepparton Animal Shelter;
- Please call the animal shelter on (03) 5832 9794 to discuss your situation and make an appointment if required.
- EFTPOS only please, No Cash.
- Animals available for adoption are available for viewing on our website.
- We currently cannot accept donations, however appreciate you thinking of us.
- Permitted members of the public are restricted to the reception area only.
- We are currently accepting by appointment only on Mondays to Thursdays, trapped stray and wandering cats and kittens. We have limited pens so need to manage our intake via the appointment program. Please do not trap on Fridays and weekends as we do not have appointments available on those days.
- If you are concerned regarding the welfare of a cat or kitten, please call the shelter to discuss.
- For emergencies, contact 03 5232 9700.
Animal Rangers service are currently operating with restrictions.
Animal Ranger are continuing to prioritise the safety of our staff, customers and the community’s animals and are here to help the community including;
- Dog Attacks
- Dog rush
- Wandering livestock
- Wandering dogs
- Injured animals
- Animal welfare concerns
- Owners who wish to surrender their animals to council
In the interests of everybody’s health and safety, we are asking the public to respect quarantine and hygiene protocols and be mindful of social distancing. When Community Rangers attend properties, Rangers may ask you to follow special procedures when handing over animals and stand well back as they work. Please ensure that you follow their instructions.
Building and Planning
Phone appointment and email only.
Parks, Playgrounds and Recreation Reserves
All Council outdoor public spaces are open for public use, including sporting fields, skate parks (Shepparton, Tatura, Mooroopna and Merrigum), off-leash dog parks, outdoor gym equipment, picnic BBQs, etc.
Restrictions apply to spectators at community sport.
Lakes, Rivers, Boat Ramps and Jetties
All public boat ramps, piers and jetties are open for recreational boating and fishing. Piers and jetties can continue to be used for walkers or people actively exercising. Requirements on physical distancing and maximum gathering numbers remain in place. Enjoy!
Aquamoves facilities and services including the gym, group fitness classes, pools, spas, sauna, swimming lessons, café and occasional are open with some restrictions.
Please visit the Aquamoves website for the full details.
KidsTown playground, is currently open seven days a week, dusk until dawn, with gold coin donation entry, with social and physical distancing implemented as per State and Federal directions. The KidsTown Public Toilets are currently open to the public and are cleaned and disinfected regularly.
The Dig In Café, miniature train and indoor facilities are also open with some restrictions. Read more on the KidsTown website.
Greater Shepparton Indoor Sports Facilities (including Shepparton Sports Stadium)
The facilities at Greater Shepparton's Indoor Sports Facilities, including the Shepparton Sports Stadium and Tatura Community Activity Centre are open with some restrictions to the public. Call (03) 5832 9480 for further details.
Children's, Aged and Health Services
Maternal and Child Health (MCH)
- Greater Shepparton City Council Maternal and Child Health (MCH) is open access to all local families.
- All visits are offered face-to-face for all age groups.
- We emphasise the importance that families do not attend whilst unwell and contact MCH Administration to reschedule.
- We ask that only one carer and one child attend the MCH visit.
- Hygiene practices and social distancing within the centres will continue to keep our service safe for staff and families. All adult family members are also required to wear a face mask or covering whilst attending the service.
- Please contact MCH administration on (03) 5832 9312 (Mon-Fri 8.30am - 4pm) if you would like to book an appointment or speak with a Maternal and Child Health Nurse.
- Please ensure you have downloaded the Maternal and Child Health app and have the 24-hour Maternal and Child Health Line number saved: 13 22 29.
- These arrangements are subject to change quickly and will be updated as often as required.
Playgroups and occasional care
Playgroups will continue to be offered virtually due to the maximum of 10 people per gathering. In some cases face-to-face operates where there is only one parent and a baby.
Occasional care operating as usual.
Long Day Care Centres
Family Day Care
If you wish to enquire about COVID-19 vaccinations please call Department of Health and Human Services Coronavirus Hotline on 1800 675 398. Please do not call Council.
Council is still providing public Immunisation sessions. It is important that families continue with their Child’s Immunisation Schedule, however, the following changes have been implemented to ensure we can reduce the number of people at our sessions and adhere to social distancing measures. View our immunisation page for our 2021 Immunisation Calendar.
- Bookings are required for all sessions; please call the office on 03 5832 9731.
- We request that just one (1) adult accompanies their child/children to the immunisation session. Please do not bring other family/carers to these sessions.
- If you are unwell (have a fever, cough and shortness of breath), have travelled overseas in the last 14 days or have been in close contact with someone who has a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19, please do not attend a session. Please contact us to re-schedule your booking.
- The following venues are cancelled until further notice – Lulla’s Children’s Centre, Leslie Gribble Children’s Centre, Patricia Smith Children’s Centre, Tallygaroopna, Katandra West, Dookie, Merrigum & Murchison.
- Immunisation Sessions will continue at Shepparton Senior Citizens Centre, Mooroopna Hub, Riverside Plaza and Tatura Senior Citizens Centre.
Meals on Wheels
All meals will continue to be delivered.
Provided under contract by Calvary and will continue.
Collection service is available.
Tourism, Events, Arts and Culture
Events and Activities
In light of the Federal and State Government's regulations about public gatherings and social distancing, some upcoming Council events have been cancelled or postponed until further notice. Please check our Calendar of Events for latest info on individual events.
The Visitor Centre is open with the following restrictions:
- 20 patrons in the Centre at any one time
- Contact details of customers must be recorded
- 1.5 metre physical distancing
- Customers must take flyers/pamphlets if they have picked them up or touched them
Open 9am to 5pm, 7 days a week for in-person, phone, email and social media enquiries.
Hand sanitiser is available for visitors and protective screens have been installed at the service counter. The Centre has extended its accreditation and become a "COVID Clean" practising business under the national Quality Tourism Framework.
Visitor information is also available via:
Riverlinks Venues (Eastbank and Westside)
Encore Café at Eastbank
Encore Café at Eastbank is open and operating from 8.15am-3pm Monday to Friday with the following restrictions:
- Both outdoor and indoor seated dining is available as per current DHHS directions.
- 1.5 metre physical distancing.
- Front entrance only; the rear entrance will stay closed. Exit via SAM doors.
- You will be required to provide your contact details to assist in rapid contact tracing should it be required.
Shepparton Showgrounds / McIntosh Centre
Venues closed and all events cancelled until further notice. McIntosh Centre is currently occupied by the National COVID-19 Vaccination Program.
Tatura Park Exhibition and Events Complex
Open, but operating with restrictions.
Victoria Lake Holiday Park (Caravan Park)
Victoria Park Lake Holiday Park is operating with restrictions. All guests must maintain social distancing. Contact the park on 1800 880 070 for more details.
Goulburn Valley Libraries
All Goulburn Valley Libraries including the Mobile Library is open with some restrictions in place. Capacity and density limits will apply and contact details will be required upon entry. Click & Collect services are still available and will remain in place.
Their online library is also available with a huge range of eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines, kids stories, movies, documentaries and much more.
Greater Shepparton Business Centres
Greater Shepparton Business Centres is open with some restrictions in place.
Online-only workshops and training. Tenants may continue to trade with modifications to their service e.g. COVID-safe practices.
Senior Citizens Facilities
Open, but operating with restrictions.
Shepparton Regional Saleyards
The Shepparton Regional Saleyards is now open. All people must sign in via QR code and maintain proper social distancing.
Men's Sheds, Neighbourhood Houses and Section 86 Managed Facilities
(Maude St Mall/Fraser Street) – Closed until further notice.
Student Work Experience / Placement
Postponed until further notice.