Council places the highest priority on the health and wellbeing of the community and its staff at all times, and despite some closures, critical services will continue to be provided particularly for the most vulnerable members of our community.
There have been some changes to the way Council operates and adjustments to some services and facilities. The information on this page will be updated regularly as different services and facilities are approved for reopening by Council's Pandemic Co-ordination Team.
Last updated: Monday 14 December 2020 at 3:18PM (1 month ago)
The following arrangements are in place:
Council Customer Service / Reception
Customer Service counter service is open with new operating hours from 9am-4pm Monday to Friday.
- Entry is through the main doors. Exit through Eastbank.
- Customers must respect the 1.5m physical distancing requirements. Markers have been placed on the floor to assist with this.
- Maximum number of people in the reception area is 12 at any one time. We encourage you to plan your visit. It might be helpful to be aware that peak times are generally between 11am-2pm so we encourage you to plan your visit to avoid having to wait.
- A Customer Service Officer will greet you upon arrival and direct you as needed while monitoring the number of customers in the area.
- You will be required to provide your name and contact number to assist in rapid contact tracing should it be required.
- Hand sanitiser is available upon entry and exit and we encourage you to use this in undertaking good hygiene practices and keeping you and others safe.
- Of course, there are still preferred options for online and over the phone enquiries:
- Calling 03 5832 9700 Monday to Friday from 8:15am to 5:00pm
- Email via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit a request via our website
- Applications and payment of animal registration renewal payments, application payments, debtor accounts, infringements, licensing and rates payments can be processed via:
- 1300 181 767; or
- Council’s website; or
- Via BPay, Post Office or online banking
- New animal registrations that do not require payment (ie, animals under 6 months of age) or that you are wanting to pay via cheque or money order, and Disabled Parking permit applications/renewals can be dropped into our after-hours chute and once processed we will contact you.
Resource Recovery Centres
- Please stay in your vehicle until you have reached the bins. Please make sure you are wearing a mask when outside your vehicle or dealing with staff.
- Staff will approach you for payment. No cash, EFTPOS only.
- Customers will need to be responsible for the unloading of their items (no staff assistance available).
Resale Shop at Shepparton Resource Recovery Centre – Closed until further notice.
The Shepparton Animal Shelter is currently closed.
Staff continues to care for the animals at the shelter and assist in reuniting lost animals with their owners.
In the interests of everybody’s health and safety, the following rules apply at the Shepparton Animal Shelter;
- Please call the animal shelter on 5832 9794 to discuss your situation and make an appointment if required.
- Animals available for adoption will be available for viewing on our website. If you are interested in meeting an animal, please call the Animal shelter for more information. Kittens available for adoption are not currently available for viewing at Petstock.
- We currently cannot accept donations, however appreciate you thinking of us.
- Please do not trap stray and wandering cats and kittens during this time unless they are sick or injured.
- If you are concerned regarding the welfare of a cat or kitten, please call the shelter to discuss.
Community Rangers are continuing to prioritise the safety of our staff, customers and the community’s animals.
Community Rangers are here to help the community including;
- Dog Attacks
- Dog rush
- Wandering livestock
- Wandering dogs
- Injured animals
- Animal welfare concerns
- Owners who wish to surrender their animals to council
In the interests of everybody’s health and safety, we are asking the public to respect quarantine and hygiene protocols and be mindful of social distancing. When Community Rangers attend properties, Rangers may ask you to follow special procedures when handing over animals and stand well back as they work. Please ensure that you follow their instructions.
Building and Planning
Phone appointment and email only.
Parks, Playgrounds and Recreation Reserves
All Council outdoor public spaces are now open for public use, including playgrounds, sporting fields, skate parks (Shepparton, Tatura, Mooroopna and Merrigum), off-leash dog parks, outdoor gym equipment, picnic BBQs, etc.
Lakes, Rivers, Boat Ramps and Jetties
All public boat ramps, piers and jetties are open for recreational boating and fishing. Piers and jetties can continue to be used for walkers or people actively exercising. Requirements on physical distancing and maximum gathering numbers remain in place. Enjoy!
Aquamoves is open for outdoor group fitness classes with limited opening hours and strict 'bookings only' conditions.
The 50m Outdoor Pool has opened for limited sessions available via their online booking system.
Live-streamed virtual group fitness classes are still being offered free of charge for the time being. Please check the Aquamoves website for latest details.
All memberships will remain frozen unless you choose to reactivate, or sessions can be paid for casually.
Please note that as we re-open, we understand and appreciate that initial demand may exceed the number of sessions available and we ask for your patience and understanding.
Please visit the Aquamoves website for the full details.
Rural Outdoor Pools
Rural outdoor pools at Mooroopna, Tatura and Merrigum are currently open. Click here for the rural outdoor pool opening hours and prices.
KidsTown playground is currently open seven days a week, dusk until dawn, with gold coin donation entry. The KidsTown Dig In Café is also now open, with social and physical distancing implemented as per State and Federal directions. The KidsTown Public Toilets are currently open to the public and are cleaned and disinfected regularly. The miniature train and community BBQs are still closed until further notice. Read more on the KidsTown website.
Greater Shepparton Indoor Sports Facilities (including Shepparton Sports Stadium)
The facilities at Greater Shepparton's Indoor Sports Facilities, including the Shepparton Sports Stadium and Tatura Community Activity Centre are closed to the public. Call (03) 5832 9480 for further details.
Children's, Aged and Health Services
Maternal and Child Health (MCH)
- Greater Shepparton City Council Maternal and Child Health (MCH) is has reopened access to all local families.
- All visits will again be offered face-to-face for all age groups.
- We emphasise the importance that families do not attend whilst unwell and contact MCH Administration to reschedule.
- We ask that only one carer and one child attend the MCH visit.
- Hygiene practices and social distancing within the centres will continue to keep our service safe for staff and families. All adult family members are also required to wear a face mask or covering whilst attending the service.
- Please contact MCH administration on 03 5832 9312 (Mon-Fri 8.30am - 4pm) if you would like to book an appointment or speak with a Maternal and Child Health Nurse.
- Please ensure you have downloaded the Maternal and Child Health app and have the 24-hour Maternal and Child Health Line number saved: 13 22 29.
- These arrangements are subject to change quickly and will be updated as often as required.
Long Day Care Centres
Family Day Care
Council is still providing public Immunisation sessions. It is important that families continue with their Child’s Immunisation Schedule, however, the following changes have been implemented to ensure we can reduce the number of people at our sessions and adhere to social distancing measures. View our immunisation page for our 2021 Immunisation Calendar.
- Bookings are required for all sessions; please call the office on 03 5832 9731.
- We request that just one (1) adult accompanies their child/children to the immunisation session. Please do not bring other family/carers to these sessions.
- If you are unwell (have a fever, cough and shortness of breath), have travelled overseas in the last 14 days or have been in close contact with someone who has a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19, please do not attend a session. Please contact us to re-schedule your booking.
- The following venues are cancelled until further notice – Lulla’s Children’s Centre, Leslie Gribble Children’s Centre, Patricia Smith Children’s Centre, Tallygaroopna, Katandra West, Dookie, Merrigum & Murchison.
- Immunisation Sessions will continue at Shepparton Senior Citizens Centre, Mooroopna Hub, Riverside Plaza and Tatura Senior Citizens Centre.
Meals on Wheels
All meals will continue to be delivered.
Provided under contract by Calvary and will continue.
Tourism, Events, Arts and Culture
Events and Activities
In light of the Federal and State Government's regulations about public gatherings and social distancing, all upcoming Council events have been cancelled or postponed until further notice.
The Visitor Centre is is open with the following restrictions:
- 20 patrons in the Centre at any one time
- Contact details of customers must be recorded
- 1.5 metre physical distancing
- Customers must take flyers/pamphlets if they have picked them up or touched them
Open 9am to 5pm, 7 days a week for in-person, phone, email and social media enquiries.
Hand sanitiser is available for visitors and protective screens have been installed at the service counter. The Centre has extended its accreditation and become a "COVID Clean" practising business under the national Quality Tourism Framework.
Visitor information is also available via:
Shepparton Art Museum
SAM (Shepparton Art Museum) is now closed to the public. You can still experience SAM online.
Riverlinks Venues (Eastbank and Westside)
Eastbank Café is open with new operating hours from 9.30am-2.30pm Monday to Friday with the following restrictions:
- Both outdoor and indoor seated dining is available as per current DHHS directions.
- 1.5 metre physical distancing.
- Front entrance only; the rear entrance will stay closed. Exit via SAM doors.
- You will be required to provide your contact details to assist in rapid contact tracing should it be required.
Shepparton Showgrounds / McIntosh Centre
Venues closed and all events cancelled until further notice.
Tatura Park Exhibition and Events Complex
Closed until further notice.
Victoria Lake Holiday Park (Caravan Park)
Victoria Park Lake Holiday Park is open and is taking bookings for guests residing in regional Victoria. Ensuite units, cabins and fully self-contained RVs available.
No access to communal showers, toilets, or kitchens.
No limits on length of stay.
Goulburn Valley Libraries
Goulburn Valley Libraries branches have reopened to the public with a modified schedule and some restrictions in place. Capacity and density limits will apply and contact details will be required when we re-open. Click & Collect services are still available and will remain in place.
Their online library is also available with a huge range of eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines, kids stories, movies, documentaries and much more.
Greater Shepparton Business Centre
Online-only workshops and training. Tenants may continue to trade with modifications to their service e.g. no face-to-face.
Senior Citizens Facilities
Closed until further notice.
Shepparton Regional Saleyards
The number of people attending sales at the Shepparton Regional Saleyards will be restricted to essential personnel. Only live weight sales will be conducted.
The sale will be open to abattoir and commissioned buyers only, who must register 24 hours prior to a sale with the saleyard manager. All animals for sale must be booked through an agent of the Goulburn Valley Stock Agents Association.
Truck drivers are restricted to the loading and unloading areas only. The per-head auction, and the bobby calf sale will be cancelled until further notice.
Men's Sheds, Neighbourhood Houses and Section 86 Managed Facilities
(Maude St Mall/Fraser Street) – Closed until further notice.
Student Work Experience / Placement
Postponed until further notice.
Online only. No community information sessions to be held.
Greater Shepparton Response
The Greater Shepparton Response hub is an information sharing hub which has a business and community directory as well as business and community noticeboards to share information, deployment of resources can be discussed, and we can work as a team to get the Greater Shepparton community through this unprecedented crisis.
There are two streams to the Greater Shepparton Response hub, Business and Community. The noticeboard will be moderated and only those who register can see what is posted. Registrations are restricted to Greater Shepparton businesses and community service organisations.