There have been some changes to the way Council operates and adjustments to some services and facilities.
Last updated: Tuesday 30 June 2020 at 1:09PM (2 weeks ago)
The following arrangements are currently in place:
Council Customer Service / Reception
Council’s Welsford Street Customer Service counter is open, with our Customer Service Team ready to once again assist you in person from 8.15am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
- Entry is through the main doors. Exit through Eastbank.
- Customers must respect the 1.5m physical distancing requirements. Markers have been placed on the floor to assist with this.
- Maximum number of people in the reception area is 12 at any one time. We encourage you to plan your visit. It might be helpful to be aware that peak times are generally between 11am – 2pm so we encourage you to plan your visit to avoid having to wait.
- A Customer Service Officer will greet you upon arrival and direct you as needed while monitoring the number of customers in the area.
- You will be required to provide your name and contact number to assist in rapid contact tracing should it be required.
- Hand sanitiser is available upon entry and exit and we encourage you to use this in undertaking good hygiene practices and keeping you and others safe.
- Of course, there are still preferred options for online and over the phone enquiries:
- Call 03 5832 9700 Monday to Friday from 8:15am to 5:00pm
- Email via email@example.com
- Submit a request via our website
- Applications and payment of animal registration renewal payments, application payments, debtor accounts, infringements, licensing and rates payments can be processed via:
- 1300 181 767; or
- Council’s website; or
- Via BPay, Post Office or online banking
Resource Recovery Centres
- Please stay in your vehicle until you have reached the bins.
- Staff will approach you for payment. No cash, EFTPOS only.
- Customers will need to be responsible for the unloading of their items (no staff assistance available).
Resale Shop at Shepparton Resource Recovery Centre – Closed until further notice.
The Shepparton Animal Shelter is doing everything possible to prioritise the safety of our staff, our customers and the animals in our care during this time.
Staff continue to care for the animals at the shelter and assist in reuniting lost animals with their owners.
In the interests of everybody’s health and safety, we are asking the public to respect quarantine and hygiene protocols and be mindful of social distancing. During this time, the following rules apply at the Shepparton Animal Shelter;
- Please call the animal shelter on 5832 9794 to discuss your situation and make an appointment if required.
- When attending the animal shelter, please park in the carpark and remain in your vehicle. Please call 5832 9794 and staff will assess your need to enter.
- EFTPOS only please, No Cash.
- Animals available for adoption will be available for viewing on our website. If you are interested in meeting an animal, please call the Animal shelter for more information. Kittens available for adoption are not currently available for viewing at Petstock.
- We currently cannot accept donations, however appreciate you thinking of us.
- Members of the public are restricted to the reception area only.
- Please do not trap stray and wandering cats and kittens during this time unless they are sick or injured.
- If you are concerned regarding the welfare of a cat or kitten, please call the shelter to discuss.
Community Rangers are continuing to prioritise the safety of our staff, customers and the community’s animals.
Community Rangers are here to help the community including;
- Dog Attacks
- Dog rush
- Wandering livestock
- Wandering dogs
- Injured animals
- Animal welfare concerns
- Owners who wish to surrender their animals to council
In the interests of everybody’s health and safety, we are asking the public to respect quarantine and hygiene protocols and be mindful of social distancing. When Community Rangers attend properties, Rangers may ask you to follow special procedures when handing over animals and stand well back as they work. Please ensure that you follow their instructions.
Building and Planning
Phone appointment and email only.
Parks, Playgrounds and Recreation Reserves
All Council outdoor public spaces have now re-opened for use, including playgrounds, sporting fields, skate parks, off-leash dog parks, outdoor gym equipment, etc. BBQ’s still remain turned off.
Bookings are now open for community sporting facilities with use available as of 1 June 2020.
Those making bookings must complete a COVID-19 Access Agreement for Council owned sport and recreational facilities. The agreement, available on Council’s website, outlines the responsibilities of users, which ensures compliance with the most recent Chief Health Officer (Victoria) directions and State and Federal Government requirements.
For full details, please read our media release about the re-opening of Council sporting facilities.
Lakes, Rivers, Boat Ramps and Jetties
All public boat ramps, piers and jetties are open for recreational boating and fishing. Piers and jetties can continue to be used for walkers or people actively exercising. Requirements on physical distancing and maximum gathering numbers remain in place. Enjoy!
Aquamoves' gym, group fitness classes, indoor 25m pool and hydrotherapy pool have re-opened. Access to the centre is provided via a session-based online booking and payment system. All memberships will remain frozen.
Please note that in this first phase of re-opening we understand and appreciate that initial demand may exceed the number of sessions available and we ask for your patience and understanding in this.
Please visit the Aquamoves website for the full details.
KidsTown playground has reopened. The KidsTown Café has also now reopened, with social and physical distancing implemented as per State and Federal directions. The KidsTown Public Toilets are currently open to the public and are cleaned and disinfected regularly. The train and BBQs are still closed. Read more on the KidsTown website.
Shepparton Sports Stadium
The facilities at the Shepparton Sports Stadium have reopened to the public. Only non-contact sports, training and programs can be scheduled and booked in. Showers and change rooms remain closed until COVID-19 guidelines are updated to allow public access. Call (03) 5832 9480 for further details.
Children's, Aged and Health Services
Maternal and Child Health (MCH)
- Greater Shepparton City Council Maternal and Child Health (MCH) Service will be increasing face-to-face services over the coming weeks.
- The enhanced MCH service is now offering visits within the family home where family members are in good health and social distancing can be maintained.
- From 1 July 2020 the service will be increasing face-to-face services within centres, to include visits for older children.
- We emphasise the importance that families do not attend whilst unwell and contact MCH Administration to reschedule.
- We ask that only one carer and one child attend the MCH visit.
- Hygiene practices and social distancing within the centres will continue to keep our service safe for staff and families.
- Families will continue to have the option to conduct their visit via phone if this is preferred.
- New Parents Groups and Information Sessions will continue to be web based at this time.
- Please contact MCH administration on 03 5832 9312 (Mon-Fri 8.30am - 4pm) if you would like to book an appointment or speak with a Maternal and Child Health Nurse.
- Please ensure you have downloaded the Maternal and Child Health app and have the 24hr Maternal and Child Health Line number saved: 13 22 29.
- These arrangements are subject to change quickly and will be updated as often as required.
Long Day Care Centres
Family Day Care
Council is still providing public Immunisation sessions. It is important that families continue with their Child’s Immunisation Schedule, however, the following changes have been implemented to ensure we can reduce the number of people at our sessions and adhere to social distancing measures.
- Bookings are required for all sessions; please call the office on 03 5832 9731.
- We request that just one (1) adult accompanies their child/children to the immunisation session. Please do not bring other family/carers to these sessions.
- If you are unwell (have a fever, cough and shortness of breath), have travelled overseas in the last 14 days or have been in close contact with someone who has a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19, please do not attend a session. Please contact us to re-schedule your booking.
- The following venues are cancelled until further notice – Lulla’s Children’s Centre, Leslie Gribble Children’s Centre, Patricia Smith Children’s Centre, Tallygaroopna, Katandra West, Dookie, Merrigum & Murchison.
- Immunisation Sessions will continue at Shepparton Senior Citizens Centre, Mooroopna Hub, Riverside Plaza and Tatura Senior Citizens Centre.
- Flu Vaccinations are available – please contact our office to arrange a booking. Those not eligible for a government funded vaccine will need to make payment at Council offices prior to attending a session booking.
Meals on Wheels
All meals will continue to be delivered.
Provided under contract by Calvary and will continue.
The Health department are now offering a home exchange for Diabetic sharps containers. Customers can call and book a time on (03) 5832 9700.
Tourism, Events, Arts and Culture
Events and Activities
In light of the Federal and State Government's regulations about public gatherings and social distancing, all upcoming Council events have been cancelled or postponed until further notice.
The Visitor Centre has reopened, with the following restrictions:
- 20 patrons in the Centre at any one time
- Contact details of customers must be recorded
- 1.5 metre physical distancing
- Customers must take flyers/pamphlets if they have picked them up or touched them
Open 7 days, 10am - 3pm (opening times will be monitored). Hand sanitiser is available for visitors and protective screens have been installed at the service counter. The Centre has extended its accreditation and become a "COVID Clean" practising business under the national Quality Tourism Framework.
Visitor information is also available via:
Shepparton Art Museum
SAM (Shepparton Art Museum) is now open to the public. A limit of 20 patrons applies, and you will be asked to supply your contact details for contact tracing purposes. You can still also experience SAM online.
Riverlinks Venues (Eastbank and Westside)
Eastbank Café has reopened, weekdays from 8:15am to 2pm, with the following restrictions:
- 19 patron limit inside, 20 patron limit outside
- 1.5 metre physical distancing
- Front entrance only; the rear entrance will stay closed
Shepparton Showgrounds / McIntosh Centre
Venues closed and all events cancelled until further notice.
Tatura Park Exhibition and Events Complex
Closed until further notice.
Victoria Lake Holiday Park (Caravan Park)
Victoria Park Lake Holiday Park has reopened, and is taking bookings for ensuite units, cabins and fully self-contained RVs.
No access to communal showers, toilets, or kitchens.
No limits on length of stay.
Goulburn Valley Libraries
All Goulburn Valley Libraries branches have reopened with some restrictions.
- Borrowing only
- Click and collect
- 20 patrons only
- 1.5 metre physical distancing
- No access to PCs or printing
- No mobile library
See the GV Libraries website (link below) for opening hours.
Their online library is also available with a huge range of eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines, kids stories, movies, documentaries and much more.
Greater Shepparton Business Centre
Online-only workshops and training. Tenants are continuing to trade but with modifications to their service e.g. no face-to-face.
Senior Citizens Facilities
Closed until further notice.
Shepparton Regional Saleyards
The number of people attending sales at the Shepparton Regional Saleyards will be restricted to essential personnel. As of Tuesday 31 March only live weight sales will be conducted.
The sale will be open to abattoir and commissioned buyers only, who must register 24 hours prior to a sale with the saleyard manager. All animals for sale must be booked through an agent of the Goulburn Valley Stock Agents Association.
Truck drivers are restricted to the loading and unloading areas only. The per-head auction, and the bobby calf sale will be cancelled until further notice.
Men's Sheds, Neighbourhood Houses and Section 86 Managed Facilities
- Limit of 10 people
- Leased facilities to complete a Risk Assessment
(Maude St Mall/Fraser Street) – Closed until further notice.
Student Work Experience / Placement
Postponed until further notice.
Online only. No community information sessions to be held.
Greater Shepparton Response
The Greater Shepparton Response hub is an information sharing hub which has a business and community directory as well as business and community noticeboards to share information, deployment of resources can be discussed, and we can work as a team to get the Greater Shepparton community through this unprecedented crisis.
There are two streams to the Greater Shepparton Response hub, Business and Community. The noticeboard will be moderated and only those who register can see what is posted. Registrations are restricted to Greater Shepparton businesses and community service organisations.