Nominations close at 5pm on Friday 29 October 2021.
* Fields marked with an asterisk are required.
Privacy Statement: The personal information contained in this form is collected to provide information pertaining to the appointment of a community representative positions to the Goulburn Valley Highway Shepparton Bypass Action Group. This information may be disclosed to other areas of Council, third parties and the general public for the purposes of the group and in accordance with the Information Privacy Act.
To be eligible to be nominated as a member of the Action Group, you must be able to fulfil the Action Group’s functions:
- Act as an advisory committee to Council on issues related to the proposed Bypass;
- Provide a forum to update the community and stakeholders on the project process;
- Promote community participation, where appropriate;
- Lobby State and Federal governments to accelerate funding of the project;
- Initiate submissions and representations to the State and Federal governments in addition to the Goulburn Regional Partnership, where appropriate; and
- Provide advice on marketing, branding and promotion of the western route and staged approach of the proposed Bypass.
You must also be able to meet the following selection criteria:
- be able to communicate at a political level;
- possess knowledge of the project history and understand the relationships between Local, State and Federal governments;
- demonstrate experience in community representation; and
- demonstrate commitment to the proposed western route and staged approach of the Bypass.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they can remain independent and do not have potential conflicts of interest.
We would welcome interest from the private or public sector from someone with experience in a relevant discipline such as:
- freight logistics and industry;
- transport planning;
- urban development;
- infrastructure development;
- tourism and visitor attraction;
- economic development;
- CBD business interests;
- communications, lobbying and promotions; or
- another relevant discipline.