This stage will be funded by Greater Shepparton City Council and the Federal Government. The cost for this stage is $2.8 million and works will occur in May 2019 - December 2019. Council has received funds from Public Transport Victoria for the bus interchange and from VicRoads for the raised pedestrian crossing. Funding has also been received from the Federal Government of $1.68m from the Building Better Regions Fund.
A Plaza area is a space for socialising and toilet facilities including adult change room and baby changing facilities. The creation for this space will be user friendly open space area adjacent to the main bus interchange terminal. The plaza will be a focal point for the Vaughan Street Shopping Precinct and bus interchange.
- Landscaped open space
- Public lighting upgrades
- Miscellaneous infrastructure including signage and furniture
The new bus interchange will improve the functionality within the CBD and the area will be safer for pedestrians and traffic users.
The creation of an eight bay bus interchange will provide Shepparton with a central, user friendly public transport hub with direct access to the CBD, train station and other major destinations within Greater Shepparton. The bus interchange will operate on both sides of Maude Street for north and southbound traffic.
The works for this activity include:
- Relocation of the existing bus interchange
- Eight new bus shelters monitored by CCTV
- New road pavement and central median strip
- Stormwater drainage upgrades
- Raised pedestrian crossing
- Service relocation as required by the relevant authorities
- Lighting upgrades - public lighting, pedestrian lighting and feature lighting
- Concrete works – footpath and kerbs
- Landscaping – paved areas and plantations
- Public safety fencing
- Road infrastructure including signage and road markings