Consultation with the Bourchier family, user groups and Council’s Heritage Advisor determined that the most appropriate place for the statue was inside the gardens.
The statue will be erected adjacent to the garden bed at the corner of Welsford Street and Nixon Street.
Scope of Works
The scope of work includes:
- Statue Model and Bronzing
- Concrete path network that will allow easy access to viewing area
- Construction of footpath and plinth
- Statue maquettes completed.
- 3D scan of the maquettes took place in around September 2019, this data was required to be ready for upscaling purposes
- User Groups provided artist Paul Smits with approval to proceed to bronzing stage
- Cr Anthony Brophy was elected to join the committee at the December 2020 Ordinary Council Meeting.
- Bronzing of the statue maquettes has been completed
- Installation was previously planned for 31 October 2021, to commemorate the 104th Anniversary of the Battle of Beersheba, however due to COVID has unfortunately been postponed, with a date to be confirmed.