Consultation with the Bourchier family, user groups and Council’s Heritage Advisor determined that the most appropriate place for the statue was inside the gardens.
The statue was erected adjacent to the garden bed at the corner of Welsford Street and Nixon Street.
Scope of Works
The scope of work included:
- Statue Model and Bronzing
- Concrete path network that will allow easy access to viewing area
- Construction of footpath and plinth
- Statue maquettes completed.
- 3D scan of the maquettes took place in around September 2019, this data was required to be ready for upscaling purposes
- User Groups provided artist Paul Smits with approval to proceed to bronzing stage
- Cr Anthony Brophy was elected to join the committee at the December 2020 Ordinary Council Meeting.
- Bronzing of the statue maquettes has been completed
- Installation was unveiled on .