- Tuesday 23rd of May, 2017, at 10:00am to 12:00pm
- Quality Hotel Parklake, 481 Wyndham Street, Shepparton
The main Summit event, featuring over 100 of Victoria’s business leaders, will be held at Parliament House, Melbourne, on Thursday 23 November 2017.
The Victorian Premier, the Hon. Daniel Andrews MP and the Leader of the Opposition in Victoria, the Hon. Matthew Guy MP, will provide keynote addresses at the Victoria Summit.
In the lead-up to the Summit, the Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry is hosting a series of free regional and metropolitan workshops, commencing in May and running through to September, to stimulate ideas and enable members to have their say.
The Victoria Summit will explore four themes integral to Victoria’s continued economic success:
- The Small Business and Jobs Agenda - examining issues and shaping recommendations that will keep Victorian small businesses competitive and grow jobs. Key issues include red tape, state taxation, business support programs, skills, innovation, trade, government purchasing and finance.
- The Liveability and Visitor Economy Agenda - exploring how we can further leverage Victoria’s already strong liveability credentials and enhance its reputation as a vibrant visitor destination. Key issues include international education, infrastructure, investment attraction, structural adjustment, population growth, workforce participation, training, transport, tourism and events, CSR, and health.
- The Energy and Resources Agenda - investigating how we can ensure reliable, affordable and sustainable energy supplies that provide business with increased certainty in a carbon constrained future. Key issues include new energy technology, gas, water and electricity supply, industries and communities in transition, energy and resource demand management.
- The Regional Agenda - examining how we can strengthen the economic and social wellbeing of Victorian regional businesses and communities. Key issues include regional development, infrastructure, regulation, training, tourism, agribusiness, trade, transport, local government, natural assets, education, the environment and regional services.
Your ideas, experience and participation will help us generate a powerful and practical business agenda in the lead-up to the 2018 State election.
To get involved in the Summit, all Victorian Chamber members are invited to register for one of our free regional or metropolitan workshops that are being held across the state.
Want to get the latest news and events in your Facebook feed?
Just go to our Facebook page and click the Like button.