The draft Council Plan 2017-2021 is available for inspection at the Council Office at 90 Welsford Street, Shepparton and it can also be viewed online HERE.
Mayor Dinny Adem said “Any person can make a submission on the draft Council Plan and may also ask to be heard in respect of their submission.”
The Council Plan includes:
- The Council’s Vision and strategic objectives
- Strategic objectives for at least the next four years
- Strategic indicators (measures) for monitoring the achievement of objectives
- Strategic Resource Plan, indicating how the Council expects to effectively use its resources to achieve its objectives
Submissions close at 5.00pm on Friday 19 May 2017. People making submissions need to be aware that under the Local Government Act 1989, submissions received by the Council are public documents and are available for members of the public to examine at the Council Office.
“Council will review any submissions and if applicable hear any person wishing to be heard. It is planned that the Council will meet on Tuesday 6 June 2017 at 5.30pm to hear submissions,” said Cr Adem.
A recommendation to adopt the prepared Council Plan, with or without amendment, will be made at an Ordinary Council Meeting to be held at 5.30pm on Tuesday 20 June 2017.
Residents are encouraged to have their say on the draft council plan. You can do this via a number of ways:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use the online feedback form at greatershepparton.com.au
- Join us on Facebook at facebook.com/GreaterShepparton
- Write to us at Locked Bag 1000, Shepparton, 3632
- Ask to have your submission heard (in person) at a Special Council Meeting
Feedback will be received until 5pm, Friday 19 May.