Livestock on Roads

Livestock on roads represent a significant danger to motorists.

VicRoads is the responsible authority for livestock on all highways and main roads, including Goulburn Valley Highway and Midland Highway, within the Greater Shepparton municipality. Council is responsible for all other roads.

Any loose or wandering stock should be reported immediately. Contact VicRoads call centre on 13 11 70, 24 hours, or for local roads contact Council's Animal Management department on 03 5832 9741 during business hours, or after hours on 03 5832 9700.

Please ensure you can provide accurate directions to the location of the livestock.

Owners of livestock should take care to ensure that fencing is properly maintained. Failure to do so may result in penalties. See the Local Laws section for more information.