Not-for-profit organisations, community groups, social enterprises, schools, sporting and social clubs can all benefit from the diverse range of talents and experiences of volunteers.
There are many different places to volunteer within the Greater Shepparton region:
- Active Living Department
- Children and Youth Services
- Events Department
- Meals On Wheels
- Shepparton Art Museum
- Visitor Centre
- Australian Red Cross - Shepparton
- Cancer Council Victoria
- Community Accessibility Inc. (Goulburn Community Transport)
- Country Fire Authority
- Friends of the Australian Botanic Gardens Shepparton
- Goulburn Valley Health
- Goulburn Valley Hospice Care Service Inc.
- Goulburn Valley Libraries
- Goulburn Valley Pride Group
- Kildonan UnitingCare
- Life Church Mooroopna
- Lighthouse Project - Greater Shepparton
- Mooroopna Education & Activity Centre
- Murchison & District Neighbourhood House & Murchison Community Care
- Neighbourhood Watch
- North Shepparton Community and Learning Centre
- OUTintheOPEN Festival - GV Pride Group
- PFLAG Greater Shepparton
- Revamp Opportunity Shop
- Save the Children
- Shepparton Agricultural Society - Annual Shepparton Show
- Shepparton Farmers Market at Emerald Bank
- Shepparton Food Share
- Shepparton Leukaemia Foundation
- Shepparton Motor Museum
- South Shepparton Community Centre
- St Paul's African House
- Tatura and District Historical Society
- Tatura Community House
- The Greater Shepparton Foundation
- The Salvation Army (Shepparton / Mooroopna)
- The Smith Family
- Vision Australia
- YRIPP – Youth Referral and Independent Person Program
The above information about volunteering opportunities is also available in this printable document:
Updated September 2019
Are you under 18 and would like to be a volunteer? This flyer list some of the opportunities available to you, and how you can get involved.
Volunteer Expression of Interest Form
Register your interest for volunteering at Greater Shepparton City Council by completing the following form.
* Fields marked with an asterisk are required.
Online Volunteer Induction Course
This standardised induction course is designed for volunteers who perform work at any site controlled by or on behalf of any council participating in the North East Council Volunteer Induction program.
Your work as a volunteer is important to Greater Shepparton City Council and the Greater Shepparton Community, and so is your safety. This course will advise volunteers of the expected safety requirements and standards and provide you with information about your role.
All volunteers performing work or tasks in any capacity at a work site controlled by or on behalf of, any of the above Councils are required to successfully complete the Online Volunteer Induction Course. The course takes about 20-30 minutes. Being online, courses can be completed using a standard Web Browser.
Take the Volunteer Induction Course
Enter your email address in the field below to receive instructions on how you can take the Volunteer Induction Course.
If you have any questions please contact our Occupational Health and Safety Advisor on 03 5832 9771.
Volunteer Strategy and Action Plan 2019-2022
The Volunteer Strategy and Action Plan 2019-2022 provides a framework for how we promote, recruit, retain, support, celebrate and recognise volunteers across the municipality. This Strategy builds on the previous Volunteer Strategy and Action Plan (2014-2018) and will further provide a framework for the promotion, recruitment, support, recognition and celebration of Council’s volunteers at a local level, encouraging a responsive and supportive environment for all volunteers.
For more information, contact Council's Neighbourhoods Department on 03 5832 9700.
Volunteer Recognition Awards
The Greater Shepparton Volunteer Recognition Awards provide much-needed recognition to hard-working locals whose efforts are not always sufficiently appreciated by wider society.