- Anyone who would like to learn some new skills and experiences of an Agricultural Show.
- Hard-working, community minded reliable people required to assist in various roles and duties at show-time, including setting up and pull down of animal pens in cats, cattle, goats, poultry, cages, animal nursery, art & craft sections.
- Emptying of bins around dining area and also where required around grounds.
- Specialist needs include show animal stewarding, which would suit people with animal handling experience.
- Help coordinate events such as Pets Parade, Scarecrows, Tiny Tots etc.
- Must be able to follow instructions and use common sense.
- Some experience with handling of animals would be desirable.
- Working conditions can be hard due to weather, (hot, dusty, rain, mud, animal odours and noise).
- Some heavy lifting maybe involved.
- Protective footwear and sunhats are required, Safety Vests supplied.
- All volunteers are supervised and are under the direction of a section steward or show committee member.
Free entry to the show, coffee, teddy bear biscuits and the satisfaction of working as a team. Also enjoying the tradition of the annual Shepparton Show.
We don’t manage sideshow alley jobs, any person looking for paid work in this section need to contact sideshow guild members directly, prior to Show opening time, Monday – Thursday.
All volunteers are required to log their details in our Volunteers Register at Secretary’s Office and wear wristbands at all times as per OH & S requirements.
Further info contact Showgrounds office Julie 0358214677 or mob 0409251631.