Why we exist
Supporting people who are blind or have low vision to live the life they choose.
What we do
Create equal opportunity so people who are blind or have low vision can get an education, get a job and be as independent as they choose.
To bring valuable skills, knowledge and enthusiasm into the organisation, which contributes to the delivery of services and support to people who are blind or have low vision.
Roles & Programs Volunteers May Undertake Or Be Involved In
Volunteers support clients to achieve their individual goals, this may be in the home to help them live independently, in a community group setting (for example sports and recreation activities), and to access the printed word.
- Pool car detailer
- Dog collection program
- Gift wrap
- Administration support
- Recreation craft assistants (knitting, mosaics etc.)
- Discussion group
- Book clubs
- Dinner groups
- Open day support
- Walking group volunteers
- IT support volunteers on call
- Direct client support as requested
- Tandem bike riding volunteers
- Swish volunteers
- Woodwork volunteers
- Vision Australia Radio readers
- Vision Australia Radio technical operators
- Australian Electoral Commission project volunteers
- Telelink facilitators
- Book narration
- Large event volunteers including Carols by Candlelight and Melbourne Cup Day pin & win
Coordinator Of Volunteers
Cnr Archer St & Channel Rd, Shepparton Vic 3630
Phone: (03) 5831 9400
Fax: 1300 847 329