OUTintheOPEN is Shepparton’s newest festival celebrating community diversity. OUTintheOPEN was developed to address some of the inequalities faced by the local gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer (GLBTIQ) and allied communities and to build a more inclusive community in Greater Shepparton.
OUTintheOPEN is a project led by UnitingCare Cutting Edge and is proudly supported by many other organisations and community groups. The festival consists of a health/wellbeing forum at the Goulburn Valley Hotel function rooms and a Carnival Day on the third weekend in November at the Queens Gardens. Other events will occur during the weekend across the City of Greater Shepparton.
OUTintheOPEN Festival is a volunteer fuelled organisation that simply couldn’t operate without the passionate and committed contribution from individuals within our community. Each and every volunteer is an ambassador for OUTintheOPEN Festival: enthusiastic, friendly, helpful and professional at all times.
Because the Festival contains such diverse events, it requires a very broad range of volunteer roles. We encourage you to volunteer within areas that are of interest to you. Some of the main areas in which volunteer assistance is needed are:
- Carnival Day
- BIG picnic-party in the Queens Gardens
- Technical/Production Assistance to help coordinate and run events
- Evaluations / Survey Collectors
- Team Leaders: mature and responsible volunteers to coordinate and manage volunteer teams
- Door / gate duties
- Information services at events etc
- Office Support at OUTintheOPEN Festival office
- Special Activities: adhoc duties as required.
Coordinator Of Volunteers