FamilyCare’s vision is to work with individuals, families and communities towards;
- Building/enhancing strengths and resilience
- Developing more resilient and connected families and communities
- Increasing a sense of wellbeing for children and adults
- Making services accessible and appropriate
- Creating a dynamic, flexible service system which responds to the needs and dreams of individuals, families and communities
- Promoting a greater focus on prevention and early intervention
- Respect – for all people
- Empowerment – of staff and clients to achieve individual and organisational goals and objectives
- Integrity – our actions are consistent with our beliefs
- Leadership – on issues which impact on families in the community
- Communication – a commitment to open and on-going dialogue with all stakeholders
FamilyCare assists families and individuals to change their situation for the better using the strength based model. We are looking for mature, responsible volunteers to encourage families and young people by working with case managers as mentors offering practical and emotional support. Training is provided.
Carer Support Program is looking for volunteers to support carers by spending time with an older person being cared for in the home. This enables a carer to have a short break away from the home, to attend to their personal need of having time out. Volunteers offer companionship and support. Training is provided.
Disability Support Services is seeking volunteers to assist young people with a disability in recreational activities, including School Holiday Programs, After School Programs, Camps and Playgroup. Training is provided.
Book Inn volunteers are needed to man the second hand book shop. An interest in books will ensure volunteers can sort books and assist customers in their selections.
Interested persons can contact:
19 Welsford Street, Shepparton Vic 3630
Phone: (03) 5823 7000