- 242,136 km2
- 63,269 as at 30 June 2014
- Population growth
- + .83% since 30 June 2013
- Median age
- Median individual income
- $510 per week
- Median household income
- $980 per week
- Median mortgage repayment
- $1,300 per month
- Median rent
- $185 per week
- Unemployment rate
- The top 5 countries of birth are Australia (80.8%), Italy (1.6%), England (1.4%), India (1.3%) and New Zealand (1%).
- The top 5 languages spoken at home are English (82.2%), Italian (2.7%), Arabic (1.7%), Turkish (1%) and Albanian (0.8%).
- 4% of the population are of Indigenous origin
- 31% of residents aged 15 and over have completed Year 12 or equivalent
- 67% of households either own or are in the process of buying their own home
- 20% of residents aged 15 and over have undertaken voluntary work
- 69% of households have internet connection
- The top 5 industries of occupation are Health Care and Social Assistance (13.1%), Retail Trade (11.6%), Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing (10.2%), Manufacturing (10.1%) and Education and Training (8.4%).
- The top 5 occupations are Professionals (19%), Managers (14.9%), Clerical and Administrative Workers (13.3%), Technicians and Trades Workers (13%) and Labourers (12.6%).
Snapshot profiles offer a quick overview of a towns demographic, similar to the basic statistics above.
Basic Community Profiles
The following Basic Community Profiles have been compiled by the Australian Bureau of Statistics to show key Census characteristics of persons, families and dwellings. They comprise 46 tables of data collected from the 2011 Census of Population and Housing.
The Indigenous Profile consists of 16 tables containing key Census characteristics of Indigenous persons, and households with indigenous persons.