The Memorial Avenue is of historic, aesthetic and social cultural heritage significance to the State of Victoria.
The Committee has been established in accordance with the following Terms of Reference.
The role of the Advisory Committee is to:
- Make recommendations to Council, VicRoads, Heritage Victoria and other agencies regarding the ongoing conservation of the Memorial Avenue and, if requested, give advice on specific issues.
- In making any recommendations, act consistently with the objectives of the Committee.
- Assist Council in sourcing funding opportunities to maintain, enhance and conserve the Memorial Avenue.
- Liaise with all relevant agencies to ensure appropriate ongoing conservation of the Memorial Avenue.
- Seek to enhance and conserve the cultural heritage and environmental attributes of the Memorial Avenue.
- Disseminate the significance of the Memorial Avenue.
The membership of the Advisory Committee shall consist of the following voting members:
- Two (2) Councillors, being:
- one (1) representative from Greater Shepparton City Council; and
- one (1) representative from Strathbogie Shire Council;
- One (1) representative from the Goulburn Valley Environment Group;
- One (1) representative from the Goulburn Broken Catchment Management Authority;
- One (1) representative from Heritage Victoria;
- One (1) representative from the Shepparton RSL;
- Up to two (2) representatives from VicRoads;
- One (1) representative from the Greater Shepparton Heritage Advisory Committee; and
- Up to three (3) community representatives.
For more information please contact Council's Strategic Planning Team on 03 5832 9730.