Are you passionate about living a healthy lifestyle?
Looking to give back to your local community?
Then you could join Team Get Mooving as an Ambassador and join the movement to increase health and happiness by encouraging people to Get Mooving and spend time outside in local parks and reserves!
Our ambassadors play an integral role in our team and are local community members who are motivated to live happy, healthy, active and connected lives.
Team Get Mooving aims to be a vehicle for engagement and inclusion to reach out to our community to promote and create more awareness of the benefits of living a healthy and active lifestyle, along with the benefits this has on mental health and wellbeing.
Team Get Mooving Ambassadors represent their community in the following ways:
- Provide guidance and feedback to Council on the creation of health and wellbeing programs and events that address barriers to participation
- Promote and encourage participation in Council’s existing health and wellbeing programs and events. This may include delivering talks to community groups and schools to raise awareness, sharing program and event information with family, friends and on social media
- Actively participating in Council’s health and wellbeing programs and events
- Represent Greater Shepparton City Council within your community
If you would like to connect your local community with fantastic local initiatives to Get Mooving, we would love to hear from you!
Contact: Active Living Department on (03) 5832 9431 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Active Living Department is responsible for the delivery of programming that contributes to the improved physical, nutritional and mental health of the Greater Shepparton community and incorporates Aquamoves, Rural Pool, Greater Shepparton Indoor Sports Facilities and KidsTown.
The Department is fortunate enough to have volunteers involved in events such as KidsFest, and the Get Mooving Greater Shepparton Project which includes the Activities in the Park program.
- Assembly of promotional equipment such as signage
- Crowd control for stage performance
- Traffic control
- Activity leaders