Conditions of Use
- Use of the portable grandstands is subject to approval and availability. Application does not confirm hire.
- Hire of the portable grandstands is considered from 8:00am until 6:00pm. Hire may be for multiple days per event but must be returned prior to 6:00pm on the final day of hire.
- There is no charge for the use of the portable grandstands however it is the responsibility of the hirer to cover costs of collection, transportation and storage.
- Council suggests the use of chains and locks to ensure security of the units when hired.
- In hiring the portable grandstand units hirers agree to ensure they are cleaned prior to return.
- Any costs associated with repair for damage or uncleanliness obtained during hire will be at the cost of the hirer. In the event of loss or damage excess of $2000 is payable. This will be determined by Council officers.
- There are 5 units available from storage at the Shepparton Showgrounds, located on Archer Street Shepparton. Collection will be available during business hours, and alternative arrangements will need to be made if there is intention to collect or return the grandstand seating outside of these hours.
- Additional units may be available from alternative locations, depending on availability. Please contact Council direct to make arrangements.
- Collection, return and freight of the portable grandstands are by approved and nominated contractor only. The hirer is responsible for arranging.
- Council must be satisfied with the arrangements between the hirer and the approved and nominated contractor, and confirmation of arrangements must be provided by the contractor to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivery times, dates and locations must be provided at the time of booking. It is imperative that a site contact name and number is accurate when completing the application.
- Public liability of $20 million in the name of the hirer is to be uploaded as part of the portable grandstand hire application.
- It is expected that at all times during use that the units are presented in a neat and professional way. Improper or unsafe use of the portable grandstands will impact the future hire.
- Installation of the portable grandstands needs to be considered in the conditions of use.
- Council reserves the right to decline hire, or remove the portable grandstands from availability at its own discretion.
- In making application for the portable grandstands the applicant and/or the organisation represented understand that all activities including transportation are undertaken at their own risk and Council will not accept responsibility or be held liable for personal injury or property damage as a result, and that any theft, loss or damage as a result of hire is the responsibility of the applicant and/or organisation represented.
For more information please contact:
Greater Shepparton City Council
90 Welsford Street Shepparton
Telephone: 03 5832 9492
Please complete the form below and a Greater Shepparton City Council officer will be in touch with you to advise of the booking outcome.
PLEASE NOTE: Request for portable grandstand hire does not guarantee a booking.
* Fields marked with an asterisk are required.