Greater Shepparton City Council
The Business & Industry section of Council's website can provide you with important information in relation to starting your business, grants and funding and links to useful websites. You can also contact Councils Economic Development Department on (03) 5832 9847 for further information.
Financial Counselling and Assistance
Rural Financial Counselling Service provides free, confidential and independent financial counselling and support services to primary producers and rural business to manage change.
They can provide:
- Financial Assistance - confidential, free services and support are available to primary producers and small rural businesses experiencing financial hardship. We can help you access grants and financial assistance programs and assist with budgets, cash flows, business viability, and risk analysis.
- Business Planning - running a business successfully means planning ahead and being flexible. We can give you the tools to make informed financial and business decisions.
- Succession Planning - are you considering handing the farm over to the next generation or looking at retirement? The transfer and control of your assets requires thought and planning. We can help with succession planning issues making sure it happens properly.
Tourism Victoria - Crisis Management
Tourism Victoria's Crisis Management Guide aims to provide essential information to tourism businesses about how to prepare for, respond to, and recover from a crisis event, including natural disasters such as bushfire or flood, or man-made events such as a pandemic or chemical leakage.
Murray Dairy Business Tool
Dairy farmers' business profitability is often affected by water allocations and the prices of milk, grain and fodder. Each season, dairy farmers are faced with questions on the impact these prices will have on their businesses. The Murray Dairy Business Tool is designed specifically to answer these questions. The tool helps dairy farmers manage current seasonal conditions through informed decision making.
Dairy Australia - Biosecurity
Dairy farmers are very aware of risks that may affect their business, and are especially vigilant in when it comes to the quality of their milk. However some other risks which affect the value of their assets and ongoing viability can slip through the cracks if they're not managed systematically.
Biosecurity is the process of farmers reducing risks by limiting the likelihood of introducing animal diseases, weeds and pests.
Agriculture Victoria provides advice and support for pasture management, pest and animal control, erosion protection, animal health, livestock feed planning and other common issues during and after an incident.
Agriculture Victoria resources include:
- Bushfire Preparation & Plans
- Bushfire Recovery
- Flood Information for Farmers and Animal Owners
- Drought Information
Flood Victoria - Flood Safe Business
The Flood Victoria website is a portal which links to information from a number of different government departments and agencies.
Business Victoria has a range of resources aimed at assisting business owners to plan and manage business disruptions including emergency and illness.
Australian Government Business website
Managing your business in an emergency allows you to prepare for possible risks, take proper actions and recover.
Emergency management is about adapting your business to changes in its environment and being resilient enough to withstand a time of crisis.
There is plenty of advice and support to help you plan for an emergency on the Australian Government's Business website.
The Australian Red Cross
The Australian Red Cross website offers a range of valuable resources designed to help people to better prepare, respond to and recover from emergencies. Resources are available for households, seniors, people with disabilities, parents of young children and psycho-social preparedness.