Greater Shepparton City Council
Greater Shepparton City Council has an Investment Attraction Department whose purpose is to encourage and assist investment, whilst working to develop employment and business opportunities for the established and emerging economic sectors within the municipality.
The Investment Attraction Department can assist you by:
- Researching opportunities for business expansion and relocation in Greater Shepparton
- Providing advice on business expansion and relocation in Greater Shepparton
- Providing advice on funding opportunities available from State and Federal Government
- Identifying opportunities to address skills shortages
- Facilitating training opportunities for employers and employees
- Providing networking opportunities
For more information on the Investment Attraction Department, or for assistance with a business enquiry, contact 03 5832 9847 or fill in our online email form.
Financial Counselling and Assistance
Goulburn Murray Hume Agcare provides free, confidential and independent financial counselling and support services to primary producers and rural business to manage change.
They can provide:
- Financial Assistance - confidential, free services and support are available to primary producers and small rural businesses experiencing financial hardship. We can help you access grants and financial assistance programs and assist with budgets, cash flows, business viability, and risk analysis.
- Business Planning - running a business successfully means planning ahead and being flexible. We can give you the tools to make informed financial and business decisions.
- Succession Planning - are you considering handing the farm over to the next generation or looking at retirement? The transfer and control of your assets requires thought and planning. We can help with succession planning issues making sure it happens properly.
Tourism Victoria - Crisis Management
Tourism Victoria has developed crisis resources for tourism businesses including:
- Crisis Communications Handbook for Regional and Local Tourism to assist local and regional bodies to plan for, respond to, and recover from crisis events both man-made and natural.
- Open for Business is a toolkit that helps Victorian tourism businesses get organised so they can recover more quickly from any emergency incident. It includes tools, tips and case studies.
Murray Dairy - Business Tool
Each season dairy farmers are faced with questions around the impact water allocations, milk price, and grain or fodder prices might have on their profitability.
Murray Dairy's business tool is designed to answer these questions and assist dairy farmers to make better informed decisions around how to manage current seasonal conditions.
The tool is in a spreadsheet format and allows a farmer to enter their own farm business data to test the impact different water allocations, milk price and grain and fodder costs may have on their business.
The business tool also has a series of budgets, which addresses specific strategies a farmer may employ to improve their farm business profitability. The budgets show the costs and benefits of implementing strategies such as applying more nitrogen or milking more cows.
Dairy Australia - Biosecurity
Dairy farmers are very aware of risks that may affect their business, and are especially vigilant in when it comes to the quality of their milk. However some other risks which affect the value of their assets and ongoing viability can slip through the cracks if they're not managed systematically.
Biosecurity is the process of farmers reducing risks by limiting the likelihood of introducing animal diseases, weeds and pests.
Agriculture Victoria provides advice and support for pasture management, pest and animal control, erosion protection, animal health, livestock feed planning and other common issues during and after an incident.
Agriculture Victoria resources include:
- Bushfire Preparation & Plans
- Bushfire Recovery
- Flood Information for Farmers and Animal Owners
- Drought Information
Flood Victoria - Flood Safe Business
The Flood Victoria website is a portal which links to information from a number of different government departments and agencies.
Drought Programs and Rural Assistance
The Australian Government provides information on drought assistance, drought program reform and the National Review of Drought Policy.