Please report any vehicles to the Local Laws department on (03) 5832 9741, ensuring you provide accurate details of the vehicle make, model, colour, registration number and location.
Any unregistered vehicle or vehicle deemed to be abandoned on Council land may be impounded by Council. An owner of an impounded vehicle has 14 days to contact Council to arrange for the release of the vehicle. If the vehicle is not claimed by the owner, the vehicle is disposed of.
If you believe your vehicle has been impounded by Council, within 14 days from the date the vehicle was towed, you should:
- Contact Council immediately to find out if your vehicle has been impounded.
- Provide sufficient written evidence that you are the owner of the impounded vehicle.
- Pay the required release fee and towing costs.
- Arrange for adequate transport of the vehicle upon release. Please note that impounded vehicles are not permitted to be driven away from the impound yard.
Impounded Vehicle Release Fees
- Vehicles: $330
- Vehicle Towing Fee: $143
- Other items (such as trolleys, signs, bikes, scooters) $90