In light of this investment, Council has begun planning for the Shepparton CBD Inner East Link Road (interim name), which will provide a safe and efficient alternative route to Wyndham Street for vehicles travelling between the south and north-east of the Shepparton CBD.
The Shepparton CBD Inner East Link Road (interim name) follows the railway line between Hayes Street and Balaclava Road via Johnson Street, Hoskin Street, Railway Parade and Hawdon Street, and seeks to upgrade five intersections at:
- Goulburn Valley Highway/Hayes Street
- Hayes Street/Johnson Street
- Hoskin Street/North Street/High Street/Railway Parade
- Fryers Street/Railway Parade/Thompson Street
- Knight Street/Railway Parade/Hawdon Street/Andrew Fairley Avenue