Stage 1 of the Vibert Reserve Pavilion was constructed in 2009 with the design including a small function space, kitchenette, two multi use change rooms and club storage area. The Pavilion was expanded in 2013 with Stage 2 seeing the construction of two more multi use change rooms, umpires wing and an external accessible toilet for sports use.
With further improvements identified as being required to the Pavilion and the need for the South Shepparton Community Centre to relocate from its current premises, work was undertaken in 2020/21 to develop a suitable design in consultation with stakeholders. The Stage 3 redevelopment was outlined as a priority within the Vibert Reserve Master Plan 2004 as well as Shepparton South Community Infrastructure Needs Assessment 2011.
The relocation of the South Shepparton Community Centre to Vibert Reserve will enable user’s easier access to public transport whilst providing adequate parking and facilities to meet the community needs. The redevelopment will also better meet the needs of the sporting user groups and other casual users with the construction of more spacious social room facilities, kitchen/kiosk and bar facilities with the ability to cater for functions and meetings.
- Demolition of car park and part playground
- Relocation of Irrigation water tanks and irrigation system
- Construction of new car park, car park lighting and landscaped areas and entrance
- Construction of pavilion extension (Neighbourhood House & Sporting Clubs area) including increasing social room space, store rooms, meeting rooms, office space, kitchen, bar and bathroom facilities, laundry and foyer areas.
The new Vibert Reserve Pavilion Redevelopment is estimated to cost $4.8 million.
Funds for this project is made up of external and Council funds as outlined below:
- $2,033,496 – Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications, Phase 1 Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program
- $1,901,060 – Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications, Phase 2 Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program
- $900,000 – from Greater Shepparton City Council
The Local Roads and Community Infrastructure (LRCI) Program was developed by the Australian Government to support local councils to deliver priority local road and community infrastructure projects across Australia, supporting jobs and the resilience of local economies to help communities bounce back from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Construction works are anticipated to be completed August/September 2022.
Frequently Asked Questions
What work does the redevelopment include?
- 481 sqm extension to the existing sporting pavilion expanding the social rooms, construction of kiosk/kitchen and bar areas and store rooms
- 669 sqm extension comprising meeting rooms, office space, bathrooms, kitchen and laundry facilitates to accommodate the relocation of the South Shepparton Community Centre
- Redevelopment car park including lighting, playground and landscaping
- Relocation of oval irrigation system
- Construction of new maintenance entrance
Can I still use the Sports Fields at Vibert Reserve?
Yes, Vibert Reserve and McGuire Campus Oval will remain available for use throughout redevelopment works. To check availability please contact Council’s Parks, Sport and Recreation Department on 03 5832 9700. Find the booking forms for these facilities here.
Can I still use the Pavilion?
No, the Pavilion will be unavailable for use throughout the redevelopment works. Temporary facilities have been made available for user groups at the southern side of the reserve.
I have training/sporting match at Vibert Reserve/McGuire Oval. Where can I park?
The Vibert Reserve car park will be unavailable for the majority of the redevelopment work. Parking will continue to be available on Archer Street and the surrounding area.
How can I keep up to date with the projects progress?
- Check this web page regularly
- Subscribe for email updates below
- Follow Council on Facebook
I have a question, who can I contact?
For further information about this project please contact the Projects Department on 03 5832 9700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to updates
To be kept informed of updates for this major project, please enter your details below.
* Fields marked with an asterisk are required.
For further information
Please contact the Project Manager - Greater Shepparton City Council on 03 5832 9700 or email email@example.com.