- Monday 4th , to Thursday 7th of December, 2023,
- Various locations
- See below
- Mark Tomkins on or call 5832 9592.
This year's United Nations theme for IDPwD 2023 is ‘United in action to rescue and achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) for, with and by persons with disabilities.’
On Monday 4 December we will be hosting the International Day of People with Disability Concert featuring Gerry's Well Oiled Machine, a disability-led band with a commitment to spreading disability awareness through their music. Bookings are capped at 80 people per show, so get in quick.
- Time: 1.00pm – 2.00pm
Please note: The 2:30pm performance has been cancelled.
- Venue: Shepparton Senior Citizens Centre, located at 132 Welsford Street.
- Cost: $5
- Bookings: Bookings are required through Riverlinks
On Wednesday 6 December at 10am, the Shepparton Art Museum will be hosting Art for All Day, providing workshop opportunities for people with learning difficulties, intellectual, sensory and physical disabilities to experience a range of art activities.
- Acrylic Paint Pouring and Clock Making Workshop: A multi-sensory experience that allows attendees to unleash their creative side, hosted by Kody Bothwell.
Time: 10.30am – 12.30 pm
- Multi-media collaging Workshop: A multi-sensory, free-form collaging session where participants are encouraged to flex their creative skills in a low-pressure, fun, and hands-on workshop
Time: 1.30pm – 2.30pm
- Oil pastel and ink-wash exploration: Attendees will get hands-on in this energetic, two-part art-making workshop exploring mixed media with oil and water.
Time: 3.30pm – 4.30pm
- Venue: Shepparton Art Museum
- Cost: Free
- Bookings: Bookings are required. Book your spot online or contact Shepparton Art Museum.
On Thursday 7 December, from 11.00am to 1.00pm, Try Before You Ride will be held at the Shepparton Railway Station, assisting people of all abilities feel more confident when using the public transport system.
This event is designed to serve various groups, including those with accessibility requirements, parents with children, and seniors.
It aims to give participants the opportunity to gain familiarity with public transportation, and increase their confidence in navigating the public transport system.
- Venue: Shepparton Railway Station
- Cost: Free
- Bookings: No booking or registration required.
All events are supported by the Greater Shepparton Disability Advisory Committee and are aimed at celebrating the achievements and contributions of people with disabilities.
Join us in promoting inclusivity and breaking down barriers for people with disabilities.
Want to get the latest news and events in your Facebook feed?
Just go to our Facebook page and click the Like button.