From 11.59pm tonight, Wednesday 15 September 2021, the below services and programs are able to resume, however several of these will have density restrictions in place as required by State Government guidelines.
Mayor, Cr Kim O’Keeffe applauded the community for their fantastic efforts over the past month in helping to stop the spread of COVID-19 within Greater Shepparton.
“Everyone should be extremely proud of themselves for helping to overcome the outbreak in our region. Today’s news of the easing of lockdown is a testament to the amazing work of every single resident within the community,” she said.
“I am extremely proud of the efforts of our region including the ongoing commitment to get tested, isolate, support each other and get vaccinated. The true spirit of Greater Shepparton’s resilience has been on show during this difficult time.
“As we now come out of lockdown lets continue to support each other and help businesses who are able to resume trading get back to the positive positions they were previously in.”
Operating with restrictions
- Eastbank and Westside
- Encore Café
- Greater Shepparton Business Centre
- GV Libraries
- KidsTown (indoor facilities and cafe)
- Resale Shop at Shepparton Resource Recovery Centre
- Senior Citizens Facilities/Council Halls
- Shepparton Sports Stadium
- Tatura Park Exhibition and Events Complex
- Victoria Park Lake Caravan Park
- Animal Shelter
- Botanic Gardens
- Customer Service
- Family Day Care
- Immunisation sessions
- KidsTown (outdoor area) – restrictions apply to indoor facilities
- Long Day Care
- Maternal and Child Health Services
- Meals on Wheels
- Parks and Recreation Reserves (Restrictions apply to spectators at community sport)
- Public Toilets
- Resource Recovery Centres
- Sharps disposal – collection service available
- Visitor Centre
Council will continue to monitor and respond to the State Government requirements in the management of this current COVID-19 outbreak. For more detailed information, including opening hours, please visit our website.
More information on restrictions for regional Victoria visit The Department of Health and Human Services website