The budget details the resources required over the next year to fund over 150 services we provide to the community. It also includes details of proposed capital expenditure allocations to improve and renew our Municipality's physical infrastructure, buildings and operational assets as well as funding proposals for a range of operating projects.
The underlying financial principles of this budget and for the organisation going forward are to:
- generate an operating surplus;
- fully fund asset renewals; and
- borrow responsibly.
- Roads ($11.72 million) including roads to recovery projects, roads for renewal programs, sealing, resheeting and Verney Road Stages 2 and 3
- Waste management ($10.57 million) - including the construction Cosgrove 3 landfill Cell 1
- Land improvements ($4.29 million) - including Greater Shepparton Regional Sports Precinct Main Pavilion, Maude St Mall Upgrade and Activation and Stormwater management at Cosgrove 2 landfill
- Parks, open space and streetscapes ($4.82 million) – including the construction of the East-West Boulevard at the Greater Shepparton Regional Sports Precinct and the Urban Forest Strategy.
Financial Budget 2016-2017
Council's Financial Budget for 2016-2017 was adopted by Council at a Council Meeting held 21 June 2016. The document is available for download below.
Budgets from previous years are also available for download below.