The budget details the resources required over the next year to fund over 150 services we provide to the community. It also includes details of proposed capital expenditure allocations to improve and renew our Municipality’s physical infrastructure, buildings and operational assets as well as funding proposals for a range of operating projects.
The underlying financial principles of this budget and for the organisation going forward are to:
- Generate an operating surplus
- Fully fund asset renewals
- Borrow responsibly
- Roads ($13.67 million) including the Balaclava/Verney/New Dookie Road intersection, roads to recovery projects, roads to renewal programs, sealing, and resheeting
- Waste Management ($6.50 million) including the construction of Cosgrove 3 Landfill
- Buildings ($6.04 million) including the construction of the new Shepparton Art Museum.
- Recreational, leisure and community facilities ($3.93 million) including Victoria Park Lake Master Plan and the Kialla Park Recreation Reserve multi-purpose oval lighting.
Financial Budget 2017-2018
Council's Financial Budget for 2017-2018 was adopted by Council at a Council Meeting held 20 June 2017. The document is available for download below.
Budgets from previous years are also available for download below.