The budget details the resources required over the next year to fund the large range of services we provide to the community. It also details the funding sources required for improving and renewing Council’s physical infrastructure, buildings and operations assets as well as funding proposals for a range of operating projects.
The underlying financial principles of this budget and for the organisation going forward are to:
- Generate an operating surplus
- Fully fund asset renewals
- Borrow responsibly
- Roads ($16.22 million) including roads for renewal program, Maude Street Upgrade, and sealing program
- Buildings ($9.93 million) including the construction of the new Shepparton Art Museum
- Waste Management ($5.51 million) including the construction of Cosgrove 3 Landfill
Financial Budget 2018-2019
Council’s Financial Budget for 2018/2019 was adopted by Council at a Council Meeting held 19 June 2018. The document is available for download below.
Budgets from previous years are also available for download below.