- Saturday 6th of October, 2018, at 10:00am to 1:00pm
- Shepparton Resource Recovery Centre, 125 Wanganui Road, Shepparton
- 58 329 700
This event is only held at the Shepparton Resource Recovery Centre at 125 Wanganui Road, Shepparton.
It’s also dangerous to throw chemical products out with your regular rubbish collection. The products could explode, ignite, leak or mix with other chemicals.
And pouring them down the drain would pollute our waterways, harming animals and vegetation, contaminating our drinking water supply and making rivers and beaches unsafe for swimming.
The good news is you can reduce the risk of poisoning, environmental pollution and bushfire hazards, as well as improve recycling rates, by dropping off unwanted chemicals at Shepparton’s Detox Your Home mobile collection which takes place once a year.
Chemicals accepted at the yearly collection include:
- Acids and alkalis
- Aerosol cans (note - cans that are empty can go in your household recycling bin)
- Brake fluid
- Car body filler
- Car wax
- Cleaners - ammonia based
- Cooking oil
- Detergents, disinfectants and drain cleaners
- Fire extinguishers
- Floor-care products and waxes
- Fuels - petrol, diesel, kerosene, other
- Glues - water-based and solvents
- Herbicides and weed killers
- Insect spray/pesticides
- Nail polish and remover
- Oven cleaner
- Paint stripper, thinners and turpentine
- Pool chemicals
- Rat poison
- Transmission fluid
- Wood preservatives and finishes (oils and varnish)
- And other items found at home with these symbols:
You can bring as many of the above items as you like, so long as each container is less than 20 litres or 20 kilograms. Decanting not permitted.
Want to get the latest news and events in your Facebook feed?
Just go to our Facebook page and click the Like button.