Busking on Public Places, Roads and Council Land

A Local Laws permit is required to busk on Council land.

Under Council's Community Living Local Law Number 1 2018, clause 3.3(vi), a person must not, without a permit, busk on any road or Council land with the object, or apparent object, of collecting money.

Busking permit

To apply for a permit to busk on any road or Council land, please complete the Busking Application form and return the completed application and payment to Council at least 28 days prior to the permit being required.

The permit applicant will be required to demonstrate:

  • That busking cannot occur on private property;
  • That the businesses potentially affected by busking have permitted for busking to occur.
  • That the applicant has a minimum of $20 million public liability insurance.