How do I apply for a Payment Plan?

If you have received an infringement, you can apply to pay by instalments, or request an extension of time to pay, by completing the Payment Plan Application Form.

If your infringement is for an offence under the Community Living Local Law Number 1 2018, you may apply at any time before the Enforcement stage.

What will Council consider in my application?

In your application, Council will consider:

  • your commitment to making payments;
  • outstanding fine amount;
  • your income and financial status;
  • any payment history; and
  • any hardship that you are experiencing.

You may be entitled to pay by instalments if you have:

  • a Commonwealth Government (Centrelink) Pensioner Concession Card;
  • a Department of Veterans' Affairs Pensioner Concession Card or Gold Card; or
  • a Centrelink Health Care Card (all types, including non-means tested).

How do I apply?

To apply for a payment plan, please complete the Infringement Payment Plan Application Form and return to Council with your supporting evidence. Please ensure to complete all required fields or your application will be invalid.

Do I need to supply my current name and address?

Yes. It's important you provide your most current address and contact details so we can contact you about your application if required.

Please attach a completed application form and supporting evidence and mail it to:
Greater Shepparton City Council
Locked Bag 1000
Please complete an application form, attach supporting evidence and present between 9am and 4pm Monday to Friday at the Council offices, 90 Welsford St., Shepparton.

What happens after I apply?

Once Council receives a completed application, the infringement process timeframe will pause until a decision has been made. Once a decision has been made, you will receive a notification in the mail explaining the outcome of your application.

If your application is successful, you will receive information about the amount of your instalments and how to pay your instalments.

If Council decides not to offer a payment plan you will receive a written notice of that decision specifying that:

  • a payment plan will not be offered to the person; and
  • you have 21 days from the date the notice is served to pay the infringement penalty; and
  • failure to pay within 21 days from the date the notice is served may result in the infringement proceeding through the infringement process, being registered for enforcement with the Director under the Fines Reform Act 2014 or proceeding to the Magistrates Court.