The program offers grants between $25,000 and $500,000 to Victorian Councils and not-for-profit organisations that own or manage community facilities (including places of worship) to install public safety and security infrastructure.
The grants are part of the Government’s $2.7 billion Building Works package.
The objectives of the Community Safety Infrastructure Grants include:
- Delivering employment opportunities in communities across Victoria and supporting economic recovery
- Increasing community safety and confidence in public places
- Promoting widespread engagement in crime prevention initiatives by involving the community in designing public safety and security infrastructure
- Supporting initiatives that connect the community and build social cohesion
- Testing innovative approaches to crime prevention
Projects are eligible that have an economic stimulus benefit, and that increase community and public safety and security, including:
- Infrastructure projects that increase the safety and use of community spaces (for example, infrastructure upgrades to community centres, sporting facilities, and parks)
- Projects to increase the security of community or public spaces, including security upgrades to places of worship
“The State Government’s Community Safety Infrastructure Grants are a great opportunity for our local sporting clubs and non-profit community groups that own or manage community facilities,” Mayor Cr Seema Abdullah said.
“Installing public safety and security infrastructure will boost jobs in our region in the current climate, and also increase community safety. We encourage our residents to read more about the grants and see if they are applicable to you, your sporting club or community group.”
Projects must be able to commence as soon as possible and be completed by 1 November 2022.
More information here.
Applications close 4pm Friday 17 July 2020.