The GSWCAC consists of community members and representatives from Greater Shepparton City Council including the Charter Champion, Councillor Seema Abdullah.
The volunteer committee acts as a strategic advisory committee to Council, aiming to promote women in leadership and decision making. A three-point action plan focussing on Gender Equity, Diversity and Active Citizenship guides the strategic objectives of the committee.
The committee is active in the community and has, in partnership with other organisations, achieved some of the following:
- Events to mark the significance of International Women’s Day
- Recognised a woman within the community via the annual GSWCAC Women’s Award
- Provided a scholarship for Kaiela Arts
- Delivered training
- Provided support for Julia Gillard luncheon
Cr Abdullah encouraged members of the community to get involved and apply.
“The committee is passionate about making a difference for women,” she said.
“Being part of the committee is rewarding and can help Greater Shepparton locals gain skills whilst making a difference.
“One of the key principles of the committee is diversity, and it aims to have membership that reflects the diverse community of our region. It is important that the voices of women - as well as men - are heard regarding the opportunities and issues affecting women in Greater Shepparton.”
Application forms are available:
- Online –greatershepparton.com.au
- Email – email@example.com
- In person – Greater Shepparton City Council, 90 Welsford Street, Shepparton.
Applications will be received until 5.00pm Monday 13 May 2019. Late applications will not be considered.
For more information please contact Council on (03) 5832 9700 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.