This section provides current information in response to a bushfire including important contacts, evacuation plans, wellbeing and animal welfare.

For all life-threatening emergencies call ‘000’.

Country Fire Authority (CFA)

106 TTY emergency service

If you are deaf or have a speech or hearing impairment call 106

106 Text Emergency Relay Service is provided as part of the National Relay Service and is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Crime Stoppers

Call 1800 333 000 to report any suspicious behaviour.

Greater Shepparton City Council

Call Council on 03 5832 9700.

Vic Roads

Live traffic conditions including closures and alerts call 1300 659 217 or visit the Vic Roads website.

Vic Roads 24 hour Traffic Hazard Report & Advisory Service  call 131 170.

School Closures

Department of Education and Early Childhood Development Website

Department of Health and Human Services: Victorian Bushfire Assistance  

Information is provided on health and safety, emotional health, financial assistance, local services and other current information. Visit the DHHS website for further information.

Wellbeing Support

Media Updates

Tune into local radio and television stations for regular community updates:

  • ABC Goulburn Murray (emergency broadcaster) 97.7FM
  • HIT FM 96.9FM
  • Triple M FM 95.3FM
  • One FM 98.5FM
  • WIN TV - Regional News nightly at 6.30pm
  • Southern Cross Ten - Weeknights nightly at 6.00pm


Agriculture and Animals

  • CFA - Pets and bushfire information
    Whether pets are at home with you, relocated during high fire-risk days or brought along on holidays, you need to plan and prepare for their safety as well as your family's and your own.
  • Agriculture Victoria
    Agriculture Victoria provide a range of bushfire and recovery advice and support on animal health and welfare, pasture management, pest plants and animal control, erosion protection, livestock feed planning, crop and horticulture management and reforestation. Wildlife can be injured during bushfires. Agriculture Victoria works with suitably qualified and experienced wildlife care organisations and rehabilitators to assist with the recovery, treatment, rehabilitation and release of wildlife affected by fire.