Section 4(j) states, any person who sets off fireworks in a public place without first obtaining the permission of the local authority shall be guilty of an offence.
Penalty: 5 penalty units.
Fireworks on Council Land Permit
To apply for a permit to discharge fireworks on Council land, please complete the Fireworks Application form and return the completed application to Council at least 28 days prior to the permit being required.
The permit applicant will be required to demonstrate:
- that they are a licensed pyrotechnician
- compliance with safety requirements
- that all required permits have been obtained, including Worksafe, CASA and CFA
- compliance with Council requirements
- that the applicant has a minimum of $20 million public liability insurance for discharging fireworks.