Changes to service related to COVID-19
- Please stay in your vehicle until you have reached the bins.
- Staff will approach you for payment. No cash, EFTPOS only.
- For the health and wellbeing of yourself and site staff, customers will need to be responsible for the unloading of their items (no staff assistance available).
- In accordance with Victorian Government directions to stay at home, please only visit if essential.
Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday: 8.00am - 4.15pm*
Sunday / Public Holidays: 9.00am - 4.15pm*
* 4.15pm: Last transaction, gates close at 4.30pm
Closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Day, Anzac Day and Good Friday.
Only EFTPOS (card) payments are accepted at this location (no cash).
For enquiries about Ardmona Resource Recovery Centre, please contact Council on (03) 5832 9700.
Items Accepted for FREE
- Batteries (household & car)
- Car bumpers (max 2 - all metal and screws removed)
- Cardboard (domestic quantities, clean and flat-packed)
- Chemical containers suitable for the drumMUSTER program (under 20 litres). Bookings required - phone (03) 5832 9700.
- Monday-Friday from 9.00am to 2.00pm.
- Maximum of 100 drums per visit.
- Fluorescent light tubes
- Pallets (untreated, less than 3m3)
- Petroleum-based oil and empty containers (under 20 litres)
Includes engine, gearbox, crankcase, hydraulic and sump oils. Does not include cooking oils, cutting oils, flammables or anything with a flash point below 63 degrees Celsius (for example: methylated spirits, kerosene).
- Polystyrene (domestic quantities)
- Household recyclables (paper and cardboard, glass, plastics, tin, aluminium)
- Silage wrap (must be clean)
- Steel (less than 3m3)
- E-waste items (including toasters, hair dryers, alarm clocks, lamps, iPads, notebooks, tablets, smartphones and accessories, electronic toys, power tools, irons and other small electrical items.)
Items Accepted for a COST
Cash and EFTPOS are accepted at this location.
- Air conditioners
- Asphalt (clean)
- Bricks (clay only, not ceramic)
- Cardboard (commercial quantities)
Clean, free of adhesives, dirt or clay. Reinforced is ok, but all reinforcement must be trimmed off the outside of the concrete.
- Electrical waste
Also referred to as "e-waste". This includes all electronic items that can be plugged in/switched on. It is important that these items (for example: TVs, printers, computers) are recycled and not sent to landfill.
- Garden waste
- Gas bottles (9kg or less)
- Landfill waste
- Mattresses (including mattress bases)
- Pallet wood (commercial quantities)
- Polystyrene (commercial quantities)
- Roofing tiles (clay only, not ceramic)
- White goods (for example: fridges and washing machines)
Items NOT Accepted
- Asbestos or materials containing asbestos
- Cement sheets
- Ceramic tiles
- Cooking oils
- Cutting oils
- Flammables, and anything with a flash point below 63 degrees Celsius (for example: methylated spirits, kerosene)
- Paint (the Shepparton Resource Recovery Centre does accept this)
Please try to avoid mixing your load, otherwise you will be charged for general waste rather than the individual material types.