Changes to service related to COVID-19
- Please stay in your vehicle until you have reached the bins.
- Staff will approach you for payment. No cash, EFTPOS only.
- For the health and wellbeing of yourself and site staff, customers will need to be responsible for the unloading of their items (no staff assistance available).
- In accordance with Victorian Government directions to stay at home, please only visit if essential.
Wednesday and Sunday afternoons: 1pm - 3.45pm*
* 3.45pm: Last transaction, gates close at 4pm
Closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Day, Anzac Day and Good Friday.
Telephone on 0427 848 170
Items Accepted for FREE
- Batteries (household & car)
- Car bumpers (max 2 - all metal and screws removed)
- Cardboard (domestic quantities, clean and flat-packed)
- Fluorescent light tubes
- Pallets (untreated, less than 3m3)
- Polystyrene (domestic quantities)
- Household recyclables (paper and cardboard, glass, plastics, tin, aluminium)
- Silage wrap (must be clean)
- Steel (less than 3m3)
- E-waste items (including toasters, hair dryers, alarm clocks, lamps, iPads, notebooks, tablets, smartphones and accessories, electronic toys, power tools, irons and other small electrical items.)
Items Accepted for a COST
- Air conditioners
- Cardboard (commercial quantities)
- Electrical waste
Also referred to as "e-waste". This includes all electronic items that can be plugged in/switched on. It is important that these items (for example: TVs, printers, computers) are recycled and not sent to landfill.
- Garden waste
- Gas bottles (9kg or less)
- Landfill waste
- Mattresses (including mattress bases)
- White goods (for example: fridges and washing machines)
Items NOT Accepted
- Asbestos or materials containing asbestos
- Asphalt (the Shepparton Resource Recovery Centre does accept this)
- Bricks (the Shepparton Resource Recovery Centre does accept this)
- Concrete (the Shepparton Resource Recovery Centre does accept this)
- Cement sheets
- Ceramic tiles
- Cooking oils
- Cutting oils
- Flammables, and anything with a flash point below 63 degrees Celsius (for example: methylated spirits, kerosene)
- Paint (the Shepparton Resource Recovery Centre does accept this)
- Petroleum-based oil and empty containers, including engine, gearbox, crankcase, hydraulic and sump oil (the Shepparton Resource Recovery Centre does accept these)
- Plaster (the Shepparton Resource Recovery Centre does accept this)
- Roofing tiles (the Shepparton Resource Recovery Centre does accept this)
Please try to avoid mixing your load, otherwise you will be charged for general waste rather than the individual material types.