It is important to always access more than one source for emergency information and warnings.
For all life-threatening emergencies call ‘000’.
The VicEmergency app is the official Victorian Government app for access to community information and warnings for all types of emergencies in Victoria.
The VicEmergency Hotline provides information during and after major bushfire incidents. It also offers information to help householders, landowners and small businesses reduce bushfire risk.
In a situation where you can see or smell smoke, VicEmergency Hotline can advise whether or not a planned burn is in progress.
To report a fire or emergency, phone Triple Zero (000).
- VicEmergency Hotline call 1800 226 226
- If you are deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech impairment, you can contact VicEmergency Hotline through National Relay Service on 1800 555 677.
- If you don't speak English, call the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450.
Country Fire Authority (CFA)
- CFA Victoria website
- Northern Country Fire District bans, ratings and restrictions
- For burn-off notifications, call 1800 668 511. Register your burn-off.
- Plan to leave early information
- Back up plan information
- Stay and actively defend information
The Victorian government has formal arrangements with a number of media outlets to broadcast emergency warnings and information to the community.
During emergencies, the stations listed in the link below, as well as SKY NEWS television (including website), will broadcast information which will help you make decisions based on the advice of emergency services.
- ABC Local 97.7 FM
- Triple M Goulburn Valley 95.3 FM
- Hit Goulburn Valley 96.9 FM
Call 1800 333 000 or report online to report any suspicious behaviour.
Greater Shepparton City Council
Call Council on 03 5832 9700.
Live traffic conditions including closures and alerts are available on the VicRoads website.
Alternatively, VicRoads can be contacted on 13 11 70.
- Lifeline - Phone 13 11 14
- Beyond Blue - Phone 1300 224 636
- Kids Helpline - Phone 1800 551 800
- SANE Australia - Phone 1800 187 263
Agriculture and Animals
- CFA - Pets and bushfire information
Whether pets are at home with you, relocated during high fire-risk days or brought along on holidays, you need to plan and prepare for their safety as well as your family's and your own.
- Agriculture Victoria
Agriculture Victoria provide a range of bushfire and recovery advice and support on animal health and welfare, pasture management, pest plants and animal control, erosion protection, livestock feed planning, crop and horticulture management and reforestation. Wildlife can be injured during bushfires. Agriculture Victoria works with suitably qualified and experienced wildlife care organisations and rehabilitators to assist with the recovery, treatment, rehabilitation and release of wildlife affected by fire.
Powercor Australia provides information on power outages including current outages, possible causes and handy tips.